An Intro
Create Post

Thread: An Intro

An Intro

Greetings all. This would be my first post here so I felt an intro would be a good move.

I'm 26 and live on the Northwest side of Chicago. I've kicked around military for a long time and after my younger brother signed up as a Marine, I knew what I had to do. Fast forward a couple years and here I am finally enlisted as a Combat Engineer. I am excited and nervous about it all at the same time so I'll be doing a lot of lurking to get answers and advice.

Btw, can anyone tell me how long basic combat engineer school out at Camp Lejune is?

Welcome , and its good to see a "older" person thats just enlisted ...I'm 26 also ,and I know it going to be tough to hang with all of the young ones ,but motivation and discipline will carry you far

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I second that, Wes...Good to see another mid-20's person enlisting.

I enlisted when I was 18...Now, looking to return and I'm 25..I feel "old" when I'm in the RSS and there are a bunch of snot nose kids there entering or jsut returning from boot...

Since when did 25 become "old" ?

Good story, Wolf..Do you have a ship date ?

Thanks. It is strange sometimes hanging around with the young ones. Heck my local PT group is primarily 17-19yr olds. I think there might be one of legal drinking age beside myself, but as you said discipline goes a long way.

Edit-

Ship date is currently set at May 15 this year, but I'm trying to get that bumped up to March.

Man and I thought I was old...

Credits
    Savings
    Shee-yit. Enough about old. Who can answer the man's question?

The school is 8weeks long, unless its changed since this thread was made. The post with that information is at the bottom of the page. Hope it helped.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ngineer+school

By the time my shoulder heals up after surgery ill be 25 and I am reenlisting. So yea it's not 2 bad

Thanks a lot richrs01 I'll check it out.

Thread Information