Thought I would stop by and give an update...
Create Post

Thought I would stop by and give an update...

I guess it's been a while since I've been here. Anyways, just thought I would ya'll an update and my activities. Pretty much, I'm still not enlisted, BUT...I did finally get my GED, and I started talking to a Recruiter up here in WA. Basically he isnt going to let me enlist with just a GED. He told me there was a College right down the road and I can get 22 credits from them in about 3 months. As soon as I enroll in that College, we can start talking seriously. So I went over to the College, and we talked, and I will be starting College next month for a semester. I guess thats how long it takes to get 22 College credits.

I've been thinking a lot over these last few months, and I've gone through a train load of stuff. I've gone from, maybe not enlisting at all and starting a career in something else, to thinking about joining the Army with my friend for 2 years or so, to a bunch of other stuff. Then I realized HELL NO! The Marine Corps is the only thing for me. I've never loved anything so much (Well, with the exception of some family members).

So yeah, that pretty much sums it all up, with the exception of a few minor traffic bumps. So I'll be checking in from time to time, and try and keep everyone in the loop. Take care, see ya'll around.

There is a ton of information on this website, as I'm sure you know. Keep your head up and follow through. Sounds like you're doing what you need to do. Good luck!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good to see you working hard to obtain your mission objective.

22 credits in 3months ? Isn't that a tad FAST ?

Good luck and keep up the good work.

I personally wouldn't recommend taking more than 3-4 classes at once. With more, you run a chance of overloading yourself, which especially for a new student, will suck. So don't be surprised if it takes you longer than 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by SureShot12 View Post
    Good to see you working hard to obtain your mission objective.

22 credits in 3months ? Isn't that a tad FAST ?

Good luck and keep up the good work.
    Online college. 6 week accelerated classes. Although, with each class being 3 credits, maybe he meant 21?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Online college. 6 week accelerated classes. Although, with each class being 3 credits, maybe he meant 21?
    You seem dedicated..Thats admirable.

Are online classes not extremely expensive, though ? Or is it through a County College ?

Brandon, I'm glad to see that your dream is coming closer and closer to being a reality. Go rock the crap outta that college!

-Gardner

Good luck, Brandon. I was in a similar situation when I enlisted. Whatever the cost of your courses just look at it as an investment in a great career.

If you are having troubles with your recruiter head my way. My recruiters I garuntee will work their asses off to get you in. Anyway good to see you are still sticking with it.

Thread Information