college difficulties
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

college difficulties

Basically I'm in DEP right now and I've already gone to MEPS and picked my MOS and ship date. I've wanted to be a marine for since I started middle school, then i found out about the officer programs you can do while attending college such as NROTC and PLC. My recruiter gave me the impression that I had to enlist as reserved to go into these but my research lately has now informed me that I don't.
    So now I have a ship date to bootcamp after I graduate from high school but even If I move my ship date to the day right after I still won't be back in time for the college semester. The reason I joined now because I thought I'd still be on time for college.
    Im going to be a marine no matter what eventually but is there anyway I can still get out on time for college or anyway I can cancel my enlistment for now?

Again I love the USMC and I will be there eventually, theres just things I need to get done first

Thank-you so much for anyone who can offer anything.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Hiya James, first off we get many poolees on board here. We ask all of them to follow the Poolee Rules notated as the Sticky Posts here. Most of them are here.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    Hiya James, first off we get many poolees on board here. We ask all of them to follow the Poolee Rules notated as the Sticky Posts here. Most of them are here.
    Yes and I'm sorry If I broke a rule, I read them and I'm not sure which one I broke and I'd be happy if you could tell me which one so it won't happen again. Also I'd greatly appreciate an answer to my question please.

Well there is this thing called a 92-day reservist. Talk to your recruiter about it. Basically, you go to boot, go to college then the summer after your freshman year you go to MCT and then your MOS school.

Check the sticky on the main page to be sure.

Thread Information