Boots and their problems
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Boots and their problems

I have looked for a straight answer but alas, I have not been able to find out what a recruit's options are if their boots do not fit correctly. Some people, such as myself, have one foot that is one size larger than the other. Are you able to talk to your instructor if foot problems are arising from poorly fitted boots? Has any Marine here had an issue with their boots or have seen someone recycle do to foot issues that had a direct correlation to said boots? Sorry if this question is ridiculous, but I was running today and I noticed that my feet need more attention than the average person (and it kind of worried me).

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyklien View Post
    I have looked for a straight answer but alas, I have not been able to find out what a recruit's options are if their boots do not fit correctly. Some people, such as myself, have one foot that is one size larger than the other. Are you able to talk to your instructor if foot problems are arising from poorly fitted boots? Has any Marine here had an issue with their boots or have seen someone recycle do to foot issues that had a direct correlation to said boots? Sorry if this question is ridiculous, but I was running today and I noticed that my feet need more attention than the average person (and it kind of worried me).
    I don't have an answer for you, but I do have a question. When you buys shoes, do you buy two pairs so you can use one of each?

Let's see now, lets use a little common sense here, OK? I am guessing that you buy the larger size and live with the other! That is don't you buy the larger size, then live with the larger shoe on the smaller foot?

Or do you buy ....... lets say a 12 1/2, when one is a 12 and the other is a 13? Explain this to me, I'm confused!

DUH!

During the first couple of weeks your Senior Drill Instructor will ask if anyone has any problems with their boots that is when you will deal with boot issues. The reality is you will probably have to live with some discomfort I did I had a wide when I should have had a regular but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by davblay View Post
    I don't have an answer for you, but I do have a question. When you buys shoes, do you buy two pairs so you can use one of each?

Let's see now, lets use a little common sense here, OK? I am guessing that you buy the larger size and live with the other! That is don't you buy the larger size, then live with the larger shoe on the smaller foot?

Or do you buy ....... lets say a 12 1/2, when one is a 12 and the other is a 13? Explain this to me, I'm confused!

DUH!
    Oh shoot Dave it never ends,lmfao.

Credits
    Savings
    Fear not, Ben: You will be given your choice of too big or too small.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Given the thread title, I thought this was going to be about something completely different...

Anyway, My left foot is slightly larger than my right, but I have just gotten used to it being slightly more snug in my left shoe I guess. Doesn't bother me when running. I guess boots are different?

Credits
    Savings
    No they are not different. Just as you will be broken to the way of our CORPS, your ****ant little feet will be broken to our boots. KILL

Talking Nickels and Dimes

Quote Originally Posted by bennyklien View Post
    If I got a nickel or a dime for everytime my feet were fu#$ed up, and still are. I would be one rich SOB. One thing you will learn is that there is one way in the Corps, there way. Here im going to give you a cup of "suck it the fu$% up". Kill!!

1 of two things.
    Adapt and overcome. (Which I do and recommend)
    Tell the Senior Drill Instructor and standby...(for 3 months)

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I love it. I thank all of you Marines and a poolie for the responses especially Echo3oscar1833 for the quote: "One thing you will learn is that there is one way in the Corps, there way." I will suck it up, no excuses.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    lol at all the responses and how true they actually are

In the words of our Corpsman after our 3 mile hike I believe. "I havn't felt my toes sense I joined." So yeah, your feet, toes especially, will probably get messed up and go numb, but apparently that is no cause for alarm. I know after the crucible most of us could barley walk our feet hurt so much and I had a blister the size of a half dolar on my heal...it was cool when the corpsman poped it for me there was sooo much liquid.

Credits
    Savings
    Seriously, though, take care of your feet and they will take care of you. Don't be a b!tch but don't just take motrin and water for 4 yrs. You'll be left with a broken body and a clean medical record. We all tried as good devil dogs to stay away from medical and suck it the F up, which is good, yes, but you have to know when to say when. Hopefully you will have good and active Marines over you who will tell you when it is ok to get things checked out. When in doubt, ask.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dhenderson88 View Post
    In the words of our Corpsman after our 3 mile hike I believe. "I havn't felt my toes sense I joined." So yeah, your feet, toes especially, will probably get messed up and go numb, but apparently that is no cause for alarm. I know after the crucible most of us could barley walk our feet hurt so much and I had a blister the size of a half dolar on my heal...it was cool when the corpsman poped it for me there was sooo much liquid.
    You are one sick puppy.

Thread Information