Feel different?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feel different?

Feel different?

I don't know if this is the correct place to post so if not please let me know..
    I want to give you some of my history before I tell you how I feel different now. Okay at the age of 8 I went to MCRDSD saw Marines graduating actually talked to a DI who told me well son when your 18 I better see your ass out on my grinder.. And from that day on that is exactly what I wanted.. I stay out of trouble my whole life everything was good to go. Then last year some things went bad I was told by my principal that she was going to kick me out of school for the year or I could get my GED being the way I am I thought I'll show her. Got my GED called a recruiter who said the Marine Corps does not want people with GED's that shows us your a quitter, man i was bummed big time. My life long dream was gone or so I thought. Then in October SGT. Tupper called me and made my dream become a reality. He informed me to enroll in college and you can enlist get those 15 credits and I'll send you off to boot.. So here I am today enlisted in the Marine Corps couldnt be anymore happy. Now I feel different after everything I do not want to mess up at all in no ways. Normally I would not be sitting at home on a Friday or Saturday I would be out with my friends either at a party or just being stupid causing trouble.. Well now I find myself telling my friends I dont want to go out I cant mess up everything I got going right now. Most understand and are proud some dont quite get it. But i feel totaly different went from had to be out on the weekends partying to I just wanna chill at home because I do NOT want to risk getting into any trouble... Any of you other poolees have any similar feelings or is it just me out here??

Quick tip, it's easier for everybody to read if you break it up.

But about your post, yeah I feel the same way. I ship on Monday and usually I would be hammered drunk right now but I'm just kinda taking it easy so I don't mess up anything.

As you get closer to shipping you'll probably feel more and more like that. The other day I was going 60 in a 35 and I realized that I better slow down cause getting a ticket in the DEP blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Domion View Post
    I don't know if this is the correct place to post so if not please let me know..
    I want to give you some of my history before I tell you how I feel different now. Okay at the age of 8 I went to MCRDSD saw Marines graduating actually talked to a DI who told me well son when your 18 I better see your ass out on my grinder.. And from that day on that is exactly what I wanted.. I stay out of trouble my whole life everything was good to go. Then last year some things went bad I was told by my principal that she was going to kick me out of school for the year or I could get my GED being the way I am I thought I'll show her. Got my GED called a recruiter who said the Marine Corps does not want people with GED's that shows us your a quitter, man i was bummed big time. My life long dream was gone or so I thought. Then in October SGT. Tupper called me and made my dream become a reality. He informed me to enroll in college and you can enlist get those 15 credits and I'll send you off to boot.. So here I am today enlisted in the Marine Corps couldnt be anymore happy. Now I feel different after everything I do not want to mess up at all in no ways. Normally I would not be sitting at home on a Friday or Saturday I would be out with my friends either at a party or just being stupid causing trouble.. Well now I find myself telling my friends I dont want to go out I cant mess up everything I got going right now. Most understand and are proud some dont quite get it. But i feel totaly different went from had to be out on the weekends partying to I just wanna chill at home because I do NOT want to risk getting into any trouble... Any of you other poolees have any similar feelings or is it just me out here??
    I feel like you should focus on your priorities and decide what truly matters in life: holding the title of US Marine for the rest of your life, of holding the title of a guy who could have. Short term pain is well worth the long term gain. Stay at home and be smart, then earn a title they can never take from you.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    I feel like you should focus on your priorities and decide what truly matters in life: holding the title of US Marine for the rest of your life, of holding the title of a guy who could have. Short term pain is well worth the long term gain. Stay at home and be smart, then earn a title they can never take from you.
    Yes sir that is exactly what my mind set is right now. Stay focus and earn the title. Like you said the short term pain well be well worth the long term gain! I don't ship till June so between school and PT I wont have alot of time to screw up....And for the other person yeah I didnt even think about it when I was typing I will take it into consideration next time thank you for the reminder

I understand the speeding part. My recruiter told he would kick me square in the nuts if I got another ticket. I have 8 speeding tickets to my name and a former pro-motorcycle racer, it's easier for me to wake up at 0430 to run than drive the speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by jfweeden View Post
    Quick tip, it's easier for everybody to read if you break it up.

But about your post, yeah I feel the same way. I ship on Monday and usually I would be hammered drunk right now but I'm just kinda taking it easy so I don't mess up anything.

As you get closer to shipping you'll probably feel more and more like that. The other day I was going 60 in a 35 and I realized that I better slow down cause getting a ticket in the DEP blows.

It isn't that I want to disagree with thewookie, but, if you believe you can't control yourself now, later its gonna really bite you in the ass. I say go out and act responsible instead of trying to hide for x months in your house. Character building isn't done in the safe places. You want to be man enough to join my Corps, you better be man enough to regulate yourself at some level of decency prior.

It's not that I can't control myself sir. It's just I dont want to risk getting into trouble. I understand what you are saying completely. But we usually go out drinking then walk home and at 4 in the morning the cops around here like to stop and see why you are walking around. Lucky for me whenever they have stopped I was able to conduct myself in a manner that didnt get me arrested. But I have seen people arrested for being drunk walking home I just don't want to risk that. Thank you for your input sir

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah I use to go out and party a lot also but since I went in DEP no more. I find find better stuff to do that wont get me in trouble (and its more fun).

When do you ship in June? June 15th here.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Domion

It appears that you are asking for advice. So here is mine to you or any Poolee. I am not sure how large your community is but I am sure that there are volunteer projects all over the place. Help the elderly you won't believe the good feeling that you will hold in yourself. Let alone the people that you are helping. Hey Marines help people too not just police the area. I don't know what you did to get kicked out of school and I guess it doesn't realy matter at all any more but that should not deter you from living your life. Face what what wrong and change yourself.

Good luck at recruit training and let us know how things go.

Gunny out

Credits
    Savings
    Domion, I was the same way brother, as far as the partying and all that. I definitely feel you there, because if I weren't in the DEP right now, I'd be out getting drunk and running the risk of getting into trouble, no doubt about it. It's just weird because getting hammered used to be the only thing I really enjoyed, you know, out with your buddies, havin' a good time. But like today, at our monthly pool function, we played dodgeball, and I had every bit as much fun doing that as I did anything else.. I didn't expect it to be this easy to change my lifestyle, but God works in mysterious ways,and I thank him everyday for the chance the Marine Corps is giving me...

Thanks for the response everyone. I ship June 1st Kash. Yeah Gunny I was kind of looking for advice and to just see how many other poolees have changed their ways since they DEP'd in.. And I was kicked out for honestly skipping a few classes which I was passing every class but thats ok like you said it doesnt really matter now. I will be a year ahead of my class by the time i graduate boot they will be starting their senior year.

Ohio guy you are right God does work in mysterious ways.. Defintantly not going out getting **** drunk every weekend is for the better obviously I'll foucus more on school work and just getting ready for the Marine Corps. I'm with ya though bro use to be if I werent out with my buds screwing off I wasnt having fun but everything is for the better. Cant wait to ship!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I'm shocked the a recruiter dicreditted you for having your GED.

Having a GED shows nothing other then your ability to take and pass a test that 85% of graduated high school seniors cant pass.

Oh well, he probably didnt have any GED slots at that point.

I think making the decision to join the Marine Corps is such a life-changing choice, it's hard to not feel different. In my case, the moment I realized that all I wanted was to be a Marine, my entire mindset changed. Now when I think about it, I can't help but smile and get this fluttery feeling in my stomach (I'm a girl; I'm allowed!).

I've always been fairly well-behaved and whatnot, so that wasn't my problem. What was a problem is that I was lazy, didn't like to do anything I didn't have to do, and played video games every spare moment. When I decided to become a Marine, I started working out and losing weight (I initially had 70 lbs to lose. I now have 45). And I stopped playing video games and started reading. I do still play the occasional FPS on the weekend, but when I get done, I feel stiff and unfulfilled.

I've also applied to be a mentor for the Eckerd program, which provides mentors for children whose parents are incarcerated. They're still doing the background check, but I can't wait to start.

Talking Go Out

There is nothing wrong with going out, and having a good time. What good are you really going to for yourself by sitting at home. If you feel that your current friends will get you in trouble, and cause problems. Well then they are not your friends, and I would advise seeking better people to hangout with. There are alot of things you can do out in the world, that won't get you in trouble. Go do some volunteer work as someone said. Go bowling, play pool, ski, swim, run, go to the gym, ymca, blah, blah, blah. Don't sit at home and waist time doing absolutely nothing. Your going to find out by being scared of the big bad world, and doing nothing will hurt you in the long run. Kill!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I was going to post last night when I first read this and decided to wait and see some o the responses.

echo3oscar1833 beat me to the punch.....

If you feel that your current friends will get you in trouble, and cause problems. Well then they are not your friends, and I would advise seeking better people to hangout with.
    If you can't go out and have a good time and come back in at a decent hour....4:00 A.M. is not a decent hour to be running the streets with your friends....or by yourself I would change my lifestyle and friends...not whole up inside your house because your afraid to get in trouble.

Your moral character is already set.....if you feel that you are going to get in trouble as a civilian/poolee....are you going to get in trouble in the Marine Corps and be a liberty risk......where you either get booted out or actually lose liberties and freedoms for a long time?

Walking on eggshells and in glass houses you are sure to slip and bust your azz....

Enjoy your time at home.....change your lifestyle or your friends...for the better....Do not be a hermit.

Hell at 4:00 A.M. your should have been off the block and streets for at least 2 1/2 hours shacked up somewhere getting laid!

Thread Information