Knowledge....
Create Post

Thread: Knowledge....

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Knowledge....

Can't make it any more direct than that.

I think too many poolee's put their emphasis on physical conditioning and dis-regard the knowledge aspect of MCRD training.

Marines, and anyone with FIRST HAND knowledge of boot/MC knowledge, please post questions and trivia for our poolees regarding knowledge....

Kind of a refresher for myself, as well, considering I will be vacationing on PI again, shortly(hopefully)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What each Poolee here does to prepare is their business. The Marines here have done an amazing job on not just giving us help with workouts but also with Marine Corps Knowledge. There are about 50 or so threads with plenty of Marine Corps knowledge....you just have to use that handy search button. That's what it's there for.

Credits
    Savings
    actually my 18 month old could go to MCRD and learn the knowledge. don't worry about it. You will repeat enlisted rank structure in your sleep.

here's a useful page on the M16 A2 if you want to feel pro-active...
    http://quizlet.com/235026/m16a2-flash-cards/

Marine Corps knowledge is easy. You will recite it everywhere so you dont have to worry to much about it now. Its the IST to get in that you have to worry about before you get to Boot Camp.

Wow, when I first got here, I used to wonder why the Marines were so angry at all the poolees. Now I find myself salty now and I'm still a poolee and have just been here a couple months.

How about you use the search function,google, and I don't know any resource the internet allows you to use.

In this very forum, I won't provide the link for you, but in this very forum, the Marines here pretty much give you the entire 165 question test you have to take and more. All the questions and answers.

IMO, the poolee forum should be the drill instructor post on what to bring, the pull up/physical fitness post, survival tips at boot camp and the knowledge posts. So many dumb questions asked.....

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be rude man, but just explore a bit.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SureShot12 View Post
    I think too many poolee's put their emphasis on physical conditioning and dis-regard the knowledge aspect of MCRD training.
    I would agree on that point about poolees not on leatherneck.com, but most poolees on here are high-speed, low-drag on that issue. Come to a poolee chat on a Sunday evening, you'll see.

If any poolees would like, I've compiled some knowledge into word to review before I leave. It consists of:

Marine Corps Hymn
    11 General Orders of a Sentry
    Code of Conduct
    US Marine Corps' Core Values
    USMC Rifle Creed
    Various Terms and USMC Jargon
    Enlisted Rank/Officer rank - with picture, pay-grade, name, and abbreviation

Just some information I wanted to have down before I ship. I figure if I can learn these, or at least most before I go...that's less I'll have to worry about learning while I'm there, giving me more time to study whatever else I don't know. PM me your email address if you would like to receive a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post
    If any poolees would like, I've compiled some knowledge into word to review before I leave. It consists of:

Marine Corps Hymn
    11 General Orders of a Sentry
    Code of Conduct
    US Marine Corps' Core Values
    USMC Rifle Creed
    Various Terms and USMC Jargon
    Enlisted Rank/Officer rank - with picture, pay-grade, name, and abbreviation.
    You're forgetting;
    -B.A.M.C.I.S
    -S.M.E.A.C
    -basic first aid stuff (fracture, types of cuts, burns, heat and cold injuries, etc...
    -basic chain of command
    -where the MAWs are located
    -Marine Corps history
    -Def. Of deadly force

Stuff like that

Newski I don't mean to rain on your parade but They probably won't learn most of that stuff until they get to Boot and get their hands on some pocket knowledge. Unless of course you want lay it all out right here right now.

Credits
    Savings
    Even Then It Still Won't Matter

Credits
    Savings
    Last edited by chasealmighty; 01-20-09 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Messed up URL

You'll probably want to know your general orders at-least, If you don't you get jacked with on fire watch so much.

Thread Information