Nervous?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nervous?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Nervous?

Well i leave june 23rd if not earlier in may.. I just went back for the second semester at school, and im realizing how close its getting. Like i can remember when i had 10 months and now i have about 5.. And being this is my senior year, everything is going hella fast. Like this is my dream and i cant see myself doing anything else,so its like im thinking of dropping. Its just like im thinking to myself holy f****, im going to be leaving my farm sooner then i think..And it doesnt helpwith all of my friends are talking about going off to college and my teachers are talking about senioritis.. And im wondering if anyother poolees are getting the same way as i am..

I don't think you're the only one... lol. I leave around the same time you do... and It's going fast... But not fast enough...

Credits
    Savings
    I graduated last year, and my 4 years went faster than anything I've experienced. If I were you I'd have fun in my last few months of school, because you sure as hell don't get it back. The USMC has been here awhile, it'll be there when you graduate, too.

For the record, I laughed pretty hard when you said leave your farm, but all kidding aside.

I leave in 12 days. I'm not really nervous. I was at first but I was watching that making Marines episode the other day and they were doing company inspections and asking the recruits questions and they were getting them wrong. I found myself yelling at the tv the right answers. I was like wow, I know more stuff then people who have been boot for like a month or two now. And I'm not even that good, Bekster kicks my ass in the poolee chat.

You have a tremendous resource available to you in leatherneck. Use it and study it the best you can. Oh and of course pt your ass off.

Boot camp is gonna be hard, nothing you can do about it. That is what I signed up for. You can't change it, so why worry. Just do your best.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    haha.. well its true i do live on a farm!
    I watched that last night, i was doing the exact same thing.. like when they kept saying I and Me i was thinking.. wow im so glad im doing the DEP thing.. Like im excited to finally go and pretty much start my life in all,,, its just kinda nerve racking

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Watch that proper capitalization, Sam. Attention to Detail is a Marine Virtue!

I'll tell you I am very nervous....I leave on Feb 9th, which is coming up rather quickly! I'm probably over-worried, but that's who I am, I like to know everything before I do something. And I'll add, while I'm nervous now, I know I won't truly be nervous until I say goodbye to my family and I'm on that dark bus heading to hell...

Quote Originally Posted by MrRobert View Post
    For the record, I laughed pretty hard when you said leave your farm, but all kidding aside.

I leave in 12 days. I'm not really nervous. I was at first but I was watching that making Marines episode the other day and they were doing company inspections and asking the recruits questions and they were getting them wrong. I found myself yelling at the tv the right answers. I was like wow, I know more stuff then people who have been boot for like a month or two now. And I'm not even that good, Bekster kicks my ass in the poolee chat.

You have a tremendous resource available to you in leatherneck. Use it and study it the best you can. Oh and of course pt your ass off.

Boot camp is gonna be hard, nothing you can do about it. That is what I signed up for. You can't change it, so why worry. Just do your best.
    Knowing it at home is a lot different then knowing it when a DI or your CO is the ones asking you the question.

I leave June 8th. And it seems like I'm up/down, up/down on a daily basis. Overall I'm extremely excited. But I get nervous a lot too, over little stuff.

That's why I love coming in here and just lurking around. Reading other people's posts always get me MOTO.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Im glad that its not just me, and that like a lot of people get nervious in the same sense that do.. I know it will really be real when my recruiter comes to my house to pick me up..and having to see my mom cry wont make it any easier

I felt the exact same way during my senior year. I had gone to MEPS and was part of DEPS. I made the stupid ass decision to drop out and go to college. I have completed one semester of college and it was the worst decision I made. To each their own but I would recommend sticking it out and going through with it. You can get a degree while your in the fleet and you will be much happier with your decision.

Marine Friend Free Member NicholasITALY's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by abailey View Post
    I felt the exact same way during my senior year. I had gone to MEPS and was part of DEPS. I made the stupid ass decision to drop out and go to college. I have completed one semester of college and it was the worst decision I made. To each their own but I would recommend sticking it out and going through with it. You can get a degree while your in the fleet and you will be much happier with your decision.
    He is correct. And don't forget one thing, the Marines also prepare you for college. You will be able to overcome every obstacle.

Quote Originally Posted by samfreed7 View Post
    Im glad that its not just me, and that like a lot of people get nervious in the same sense that do.. I know it will really be real when my recruiter comes to my house to pick me up..and having to see my mom cry wont make it any easier
    It will be worth it on Family Day when your mom cries those same tears except this time tears of joy and pride. Believe me, it was worth it all that day.

I STILL GOT 5-6 MONTHS UNTIL I'LL LEAVE, I'M EXCITED AS ALL GIT OUT AND NERVOUS TOO.

BUT, I CANT WAIT TO GET THERE, I CANT WAIT FOR ALL THE SCREAMING, PT, HIGH SPEED, AND WHATEVER ELSE WILL HAPPEN.

ITS GONNA BE AWSOME!!!

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Im excited for all that too?..
    And it doesnt help that a majority of my good friends are Marines.. so i get to hear all of there stories.. But then the thing that has been bothering me is that most of them are unhappy now that they are out in the fleet and my best friend nick try and talk me out of it.... I really dont wanna listen to all of there issues.. I think it is what you make of it.. am I right?

Thread Information