Tattoos - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tattoos

i've gotten 8 tattoo's since i joined, to bring me to an even 10, i've found that no one really cares as long as they arent' visible in uniform, or eccentric. Any tattoo that is visible needs to be "approved".

Here is my 2 cents worth... Every Tat has a meaning. Even if it is that you just like the Picture. But you will have to grow old with it and maybe get it redone a couple of times before you go to rest. I personally find nothing wrong with Tats. I don't care if it's a Southern Flag, A number, A pair of dice, or any other pic. Political Idiots are just trying to make everything harder to do for those that " don't fit the mold ". Just because some-one out there may think that Tats are " stupid " doesn't mean that getting a pic of your Dead best friend with the dates on it is stupid to you. Getting your child's name tatted on your body may be because you love them just that much. As for putting any-one's name on your body make sure that you have place either above it or below it for something else. But anyway for some reason Tats are now concidered not politcally correct. Maybe they should have thought about that before having thousands of Tattooed Military Members now in Jeopardy for future contracts. I watched as a great Marine was given walking papers after 14 years of service because he had a Tat of his family on his back. He got this tat years before this Regulation came out.

Political Correctness.. it's an evil thing.

Nice post, Junker. It's a shame.

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but.... Political Correctness is a noose around our country's neck with lawyers and politicians waiting to kick the blocks out from under us.

I went up to my local recruiters office because i have been wanting to join the Corps since i could remember. I was all pumped up and ready to actually move forward with my life and do something i have always wanted. I went in to talk to him. Extemely cool to talk to we got through all the questions and i told him i made a 75 on my asvab already he told me that by what he can see i would make a great MARINE. Then he asked me if i had any tattoos and i told him i had one on my lower neck. He looked at it and then it was like a 360 on how he changed towards me. Sorry theres nothing i can do with you was exactly what he said. I told him i would do anything. He told me all he can tell me is that he could'nt do anything with me. Well after i left i went to a removal place and they informed me that after it was said and done with its gonna cost me about six thousand to get it completely removed. The thing that really sucks is that if i was wearings BDU's or Dress blues or any Uniform you could not see it. Tell me what yall think. Anything would help

Research the actual articles on the regulations, and if you're still in the clear, bring the documents (or copies thereof) to the Recruiting station and be like "Listen, let's stop dancing here, I'm meeting regulations and if it means a bit more paperwork for you, I'm sorry."

If he doesn't go for it, bring it up to the NCOIC or even higher. Just make sure you're in the right before you make a move, hardcharger.

EDIT: Or you guys could always just use temporary tattoos, like the one in my user pic...

this is it with my shirt on.... But like i said with a collard shirt you csnt even see it. He told me anything above the vertebrae is out of regulations. Where do i research all the regualtions???

Couldn't tell you for sure, but I'm pretty sure that ink is not regulation. That doesn't mean you can't aim for a waiver. Discuss it with some other RS if you have the option, or just go up the ladder. You'll find someone who's willing to listen and less focused on just the numbers.

Do the paperwork and charter stuff first, etc. If you can't find it in regulations to help you.. the question then lies..

Is $6,000 enough to stop you from earning that title of Marine? I've not met any Marines so far that has said it wasn't the best thing they've done in their life. Just saying.. $6,000 is money lost.. but the TITLE OF MARINE is NEVER taken from you.. and NO ONE can take it from you.

Best of luck, bro!

they pretty much told me that they wont even bother with a waiver cause it will not be approved. Thanks so much guys for the input. If anyone else knows what i could try im open for whatever. Another thing where could i find out what the speech level on the hearing test to enlist is. What is passing and what is waivable

laser removal?

Quote Originally Posted by The Sandman
    laser removal?
    Yea, that's what I would do. I mean, if you have the money and you truly want to earn the Title of Marine, DO IT!

No one can ever take that Title away from you, and it will change you forever.

Good luck on your decision, Michael.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    mchicosky, I was just approved for a tattoo waiver yesterday, so I know a bit about this.

I have a tattoo on my upper back also. My recruiter had me take my shirt off and he then put an ink pen on my top vertabrae. My tattoo was right on it, so they let it go. But I also had/have my name on my neck. I had 4 treatments with a Laser to have that one removed. It's not completely gone. It looks like someone wrote on my neck with a marker and then came along with a wet towel and smeared it. My recruiter also had me put on one of the uniform shirts ( not sure which class ) to see what the tattoos look like.

According to regulations I am disqualified, but as someone said before, "there's a waiver for almost anything", so don't give up.

can anyone tell me where i can do research on regulations on hearing

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well you rules are you ain't supposed to be able to see em in PT uniform. Green Skivee and Green Shorts. Good Luck on your decision there. It will be a hard one but hope you do what's good for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mchicosky

this is it with my shirt on.... But like i said with a collard shirt you csnt even see it. He told me anything above the vertebrae is out of regulations. Where do i research all the regualtions???

Thread Information