New Poolee
Create Post

Thread: New Poolee

New Poolee

Just got home from swearing in. Didnt get a MOS today but I want either Infantry (which might be filled). Or Combat Engineer.. Ship out 20090601 MCRDPI

Credits
    Savings
    Congrats on taking that first step... What did you think of the whole MEPS experience?

Plain sucked to be totally honest. I had to go twice because the first time the doc saw a small scar about a inch on my stomach couldnt believe its been there since i was a baby.. So i had to go get med docs only problem there was the hospital destroyed the records of that because it was so long ago. So in the end just a simple letter from a doc stated that i did have a surgery and ive been good to go ever since was all that was needed. Lucky for me this time i didnt have to deal with anything just did alot of hurry up and wait stuff but i was excited to swear in.

Credits
    Savings
    Yeah, I had to go twice too because of a car wreck, had a huge gash on the bidge of my nose, but the doc let me do the whole physical the first time. The second time I was sitting around watching TV 90% of the time waiting to swear in.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
    Congrats on taking that first step... What did you think of the whole MEPS experience?
    It was okay......Staying in the Hotel was cool ( The supper and breakfast was really good). The Medical part was boring. We had to stand in line or sit in line waiting for everything and if anyone talked you went to the end of the line or they wouldn't see you that day...Lunch was also good (Subway)
    I took the ASVAB at a National Guard Armory in town so I dont know how they do it at MEPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Domion View Post
    Plain sucked to be totally honest. I had to go twice because the first time the doc saw a small scar about a inch on my stomach couldnt believe its been there since i was a baby.. So i had to go get med docs only problem there was the hospital destroyed the records of that because it was so long ago. So in the end just a simple letter from a doc stated that i did have a surgery and ive been good to go ever since was all that was needed. Lucky for me this time i didnt have to deal with anything just did alot of hurry up and wait stuff but i was excited to swear in.

I HAVE A SCAR LIKE HALF AN INCH ON MY FORHEAD AT THE HAIR LINE, I GUESS AFTER I WAS BORN I HAD A I.V OR NEEDLE STUCK IN MY HEAD FOR SOME REASON.

I'LL PROBIBLY GET SOme SORT OF GREIF OR HOLD UP FOR THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rains View Post
    I HAVE A SCAR LIKE HALF AN INCH ON MY FORHEAD AT THE HAIR LINE, I GUESS AFTER I WAS BORN I HAD A I.V OR NEEDLE STUCK IN MY HEAD FOR SOME REASON.

I'LL PROBIBLY GET SOme SORT OF GREIF OR HOLD UP FOR THAT.
    You might you might not ya never know my recruiter didnt think i would get any hassle for my scar but i did. He might not even notice your scar best of luck to you. And i got some good advice on this website from a Marine. Dont expect anything at MEPS just go with it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    It's where they pumped your brain into your hat rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    It's where they pumped your brain into your hat rack.
    LOL

I JUST ASKED MY MOM AND SHE SAID I WAS BORN WITH NIMONIA.... AND I WAS BORN OVER 10 LBS, AND CHUBBY.... SO THEY HAD TO STICK AN IV IN MY FORHEAD, THE ONLY PLACE IT WOULD GET THROUGH.

LMAO

I JUST ASKED MY MOM AND SHE SAID I WAS BORN WITH NIMONIA.... AND I WAS BORN OVER 10 LBS, AND CHUBBY.... SO THEY HAD TO STICK AN IV IN MY FORHEAD, THE ONLY PLACE IT WOULD GET THROUGH.

LMAO
    I really highly doubt a IV would cause you any problems but youll just have to find out for yourself if he asks what the scar is from just be straight forward I had a IV there sir. When are you going to MEPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Domion View Post
    I really highly doubt a IV would cause you any problems but youll just have to find out for yourself if he asks what the scar is from just be straight forward I had a IV there sir. When are you going to MEPS?

YEA, I'M SURE I'LL BE FINE.
    A SCAR WONT KEEP ME FROM PASSING MEPS.

I WILL BE GOING TO MEPS PROBIBLY WITHIN THE NEXT FEW WEEKS.
    I DECIDED I AM WAITING UNTIL THE 30TH TO SEE THE DOCTOR AND THEN I WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE RECRUITERING OFFICE TO START THE PROCESS.

Believe it or not... There's a crapload of Marines that have scars on their heads. If thousands of people with Scarred up heads can get through, so can you.

Credits
    Savings
    I wish I could post a pick of my face right after the wreck I got in about a month ago... Those scars will be there forever, I mean my face was straight up fu**ed. The first time the doc wouldn't pass me, but after a 3 week DQ, I went back and swore in. Just get your stuff together and you'll be fine.

Thread Information