MP questions - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MP questions

Credits
    Savings

Thumbs down Take a hike

Quote Originally Posted by Newski45 View Post
    Basically the Marine Corps is taking the garrison MPs and slowly are going to replace them with private contractors, where those and about 90% of MPs would be getting sent to the field, a grunt with a badge if you will. The only place they can't hire private contractors would be in Japan, where the garrison side would still exist.

Based on what, pal? If grunts suck so bad, why does everyone feel the need to compare themselves to us? You don't even know what your own job is yet-don't go fvcking pretending to know mine. I learned mine over three years, half that time where the rubber meets the road. I fvcking know my MOS-do you?

Credits
    Savings
    Ok, Walling, hope you don't mind I was looking through your pictures and I guess I get where Newski was trying to come from. I think where you can put your "field week" in perspective, he can't quite do that yet. Standing post, convoy ops, famfire on crew serveds, that's all cool. Show him the ropes and help him understand that we've got diffrerent jobs and y'all need to proud of your job in its own right, ok? What we do is night and day with just that little bit of overlap; don't let it fool you, man.

Bad@ss dog course, though. I always wanted to try it out too. They even sent a few grunts to do the IEDDD course and it didn't work so well but I was still jealous. Keep up the good work and I'll see ya in the fleet, but hopefully not on the side of the road!

Newski45, I would be very interested in anything you or Cwalling could tell me about MP school and what its like. I'm interested in the MP field aswell.

I was an MP for my 4 years that I was in. It is a one of a kind field in the military. One thing i would like to emphasize is the importance of officer safety and confidence in this MOS. You can't let anyone punk you out there because as soon as your not the alpha dog, then your in trouble. If and when you make it to MP school, take all the training seriously (actually any MOS school). While the inspections and the paperwork may suck, you get to do a lot of fun stuff. EVOC was great and so was the pistol range. Arrest techniques are always fun, and you will learn to love the redman suit, lol...

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    lets say i have a BS in Forensic Science and i don't do so well on the ASVAB, would my degree be a plus to get Forensic Scientist as a MOS even though i didn't do to well on the ASVAB? and just out of curiosity(?) does the military report is crime statistics(?) to the UCR or what?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    lets say i have a BS in Forensic Science and i don't do so well on the ASVAB, would my degree be a plus to get Forensic Scientist as a MOS even though i didn't do to well on the ASVAB? and just out of curiosity(?) does the military report is crime statistics(?) to the UCR or what?
    If your ASVAB scores aren't high enough to get into a particular MOS, a degree won't matter. You can retake the ASVAB to improve your scores.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    The Marine Corps doesn't do forensic lab work. NCIS handles that stuff. THEY would want a degree, but usually demand police experience too.

Don't believe the NCIS TV show either, the real NCIS isn't that good.

The last time I checked, the military does not report to the UCR.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    thank you.

blood,I think what the thing is,alot of the guys that signed up for Mp but don't want to do the garrison side.they want the field side because it's more combat oriented,I don't know why they didn't just go 03 but I know my reasoning for Mp was souly because I wanted to be a K9 handler.My first contract was 03xx but I know that being k9 was where my heart really was,so i switched.by a mix of luck and determination I got it.

newski,Field stuff is a tiny portion of what Mp's do,while that stuff IS what 03's do.your a MILITARY POLICEMAN not a "grunt with a badge" be proud of your MOS.

Thread Information