MP questions
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MP questions

MP questions

If any poolees have Military Police questions, regarding training, or whatever you want to know about, don't be shy, just ask.

Oooo thanks Marine! Are you active or reserve?

finally! another junior MP.you Mp-02? I was mp-16-08.Im at dog handler school right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalling View Post
    finally! another junior MP.you Mp-02? I was mp-16-08.Im at dog handler school right now.
    No I'm with 03, and I'm heading to dog handler school as well.

I have a question, I got a gt score of 99 and I saw you needed a gt score of 100 to qualify and it was not waiverable. Do you think there would still be some way of having that mos. If it helps Im currently in the dep program and I will be leaving in august when I finish my AA degree.

One of the Marines in my plt. got a 98 gt and he got waivered in, so I'm pretty sure it'd work the same.

I could be wrong, but I think my recruiter told me I could take the ASVAB again to try for a better score if I chose to. If I am correct can someone back that up?

my recruiter told me I couldnt take the asvab again

That's correct, but if you get a lower score you keep that one instead of the one before.

Frank I would ask your recruiter again. Because I have had kids in my DEP that have taken it like 3 or 4 times. I just think you have to wait a certain amount of time.

oh ok thanks, well I will ask him again. Do you know if I would have to go through the whole meps processing again if I do?

No, once you've processed through MEPs you don't have to go through it again, but he's right about having to wait a certain amount of time, I believe it is a month.

aright thanks. so do you like mp so far would you recommend it to someone who wants to work for a government agency in the future?

Yes I love it so far, training is pretty intense. Yes if you want to work for a government agency in the futrure this would be the way to go, because then you all ready have the knowledge and basic training for stuff like FBI, secret service, Pentagon, etc... They offer HMX through MP training, but you can't have the slightest smudge on your criminal record. If your wondering what HMX is you'd be working with the president, standing watch for his helicopter, and other stuff, you would to travel the world with him as well. You also have another option they offer through MP school, and that is being a K-9 handler, which is a really demanding job, and it is pretty hard to get in, on average they take about 2 to 4 Marines to go to dog handling school, which is located at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, TX, which is the route that I chose to take. MP school is pretty physically demanding, if you're coming here come fit. One of the Instructors biggest pet peeves is a low PFT score.

Thread Information