My rant about the state of North Carolina
Create Post
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

My rant about the state of North Carolina

I hate this damn state, I feel like i'm living in a post-apocolyptic America, except instead of biologically altered zombies running around, it's a bunch of ignorant, bible thumping, confederate flag waiving, rednecks. I look outside my window at trees with no leaves on it, I drive down endless country roads through corn fields on the way to work which is located in a city that is literally the armpit of this country and I just get depressed. I spent almost a year in a hell hole called Afghanistan and despite seeing horrible things and getting shot at every day, i'd rather spend another year in Afghanistan than another year in North Carolina. I try finding things to do like going to some of the decently sized cities like Raleigh or Charlotte, but still there is just nothing there. When I place an internet order and I put in "North Carolina" under the shipping information, it depresses me. Mabye I feel this way because my home town is Miami and I know that the grass is infact greener on the other side. The only reason I live here is because the United States government is forcing me to, and it is beyond me why anyone would ever decide to live here by choice unless they were either A) born here and don't know any different, or B) make a lot of money by living here. When I turn my local news on, I want to hear real news, not about the prize winning 350 pound hamlet named Jenny who won the contest for fattest pig at the farmers auction. When I went home to Miami for the first time in more than a year I actually cried when I stepped off the plane and saw my first palm tree and felt the 100% humidity touch my skin for the first time. People were actually walking around in shorts and lightly colored pastel shirts, not dungaree's, 25 year old timberland boots, plaid flannel shirts, and neon orange hunting hats. It was beautiful, just beautiful and at that very moment was the first time i've ever appreciated being... alive. The only thing more depressing? The closest state in relation to where I am right now is South Carolina.

Any fellow North Carolinian's (*barf*) feel the same way?

On another note, let's also see how many people i've ****ed off on here.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Okay I'm going to get all Zen on you. Don't look for Miami in North Carolina, it's not there.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Do they still roll up the sidewalks at 12:00 at night

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    Okay I'm going to get all Zen on you. Don't look for Miami in North Carolina, it's not there.
    No it's not here....I'm a Big City girl(Philly) and it took me a long time to adapt...

Still doing that but do have friends (Retired and Active Marines) that keep things up beat...Most of the Marines are from the north....

I bartend at Spankys and most of the time hang out there....

Ellie

hehaheaehe plaid shirts and gun racks are America pard! The izod raybanned docker chino shiney boy Don Johnson lookin types are all but alien except on the geographical fringes.... Miami, San Fransisco, New York, Houston, L.A. hehehe But the orange hats round here are seasonal and it used to be Herman Survivor boots until Walmart turned them to crap

--->Dave

Whats wrong with neon orange hunting hats? haha

Better get down to the Commissary to get some cheese for that whine...

Accord, I hated NC when I got there as well. I was even trying to find a way to get sent back to 29 Palms to escape the place. But, I ended up liking it- we've even talked about heading to Beaufort on vacation this summer.

It isn't Florida, they do actually experience most of the seasons. But, it isn't all bad. The bigger cities are much like any other big city- which is both good and bad. My favorite things to do to "escape" were to head toward ECU or UNC-Wilmington and pretend I was once again a college student. If you don't roll into town with a car load of Marines in tow, you can actually have a pretty good time and not have to worry about the issues that come with being with a train load of Marines.

When I first went there, I called my mom and told there that if God was going to give the world an enema, He'd stick in Jacksonville, NC. And I thought that way for years. But then I visited Miami about 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo View Post
    Accord, I hated NC when I got there as well. I was even trying to find a way to get sent back to 29 Palms to escape the place. But, I ended up liking it- we've even talked about heading to Beaufort on vacation this summer.

It isn't Florida, they do actually experience most of the seasons. But, it isn't all bad. The bigger cities are much like any other big city- which is both good and bad. My favorite things to do to "escape" were to head toward ECU or UNC-Wilmington and pretend I was once again a college student. If you don't roll into town with a car load of Marines in tow, you can actually have a pretty good time and not have to worry about the issues that come with being with a train load of Marines.
    Only thing I didn't like about North Carolina was the cockroaches, and fire ants everywhere. Loved to go crabing, and in season shrimping. Fishing the pier at Emerald Isle, Catching Croakers. Hush Puppies at the restraunt by the pier. Swimming in the ocean. Riding off road in the woods behind TTII on my dirt bike. I could go on and on.

nc

Quote Originally Posted by Accord View Post
    I hate this damn state, I feel like i'm living in a post-apocolyptic America, except instead of biologically altered zombies running around, it's a bunch of ignorant, bible thumping, confederate flag waiving, rednecks. I look outside my window at trees with no leaves on it, I drive down endless country roads through corn fields on the way to work which is located in a city that is literally the armpit of this country and I just get depressed. I spent almost a year in a hell hole called Afghanistan and despite seeing horrible things and getting shot at every day, i'd rather spend another year in Afghanistan than another year in North Carolina. I try finding things to do like going to some of the decently sized cities like Raleigh or Charlotte, but still there is just nothing there. When I place an internet order and I put in "North Carolina" under the shipping information, it depresses me. Mabye I feel this way because my home town is Miami and I know that the grass is infact greener on the other side. The only reason I live here is because the United States government is forcing me to, and it is beyond me why anyone would ever decide to live here by choice unless they were either A) born here and don't know any different, or B) make a lot of money by living here. When I turn my local news on, I want to hear real news, not about the prize winning 350 pound hamlet named Jenny who won the contest for fattest pig at the farmers auction. When I went home to Miami for the first time in more than a year I actually cried when I stepped off the plane and saw my first palm tree and felt the 100% humidity touch my skin for the first time. People were actually walking around in shorts and lightly colored pastel shirts, not dungaree's, 25 year old timberland boots, plaid flannel shirts, and neon orange hunting hats. It was beautiful, just beautiful and at that very moment was the first time i've ever appreciated being... alive. The only thing more depressing? The closest state in relation to where I am right now is South Carolina.

Any fellow North Carolinian's (*barf*) feel the same way?

When I got to N.C. I thought J-Vill was the worst place ever. I seined a waver to get back to Vietnam. It was not N.C. or J-ville that I hated it was the duty there. It sucked. If you think J-Villa is bad you should go to Lotion, Ok. I was at FT. Sill for Searchlight school in 1967. I would take J-Ville any day any time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Does any one know if the Pig Diner still there.

whine

Quote Originally Posted by Isrowei View Post
    Better get down to the Commissary to get some cheese for that whine...

guess the lietant took my thunder away from me lived there for about four years and love it

Quote Originally Posted by marine1955 View Post
    guess the lietant took my thunder away from me lived there for about four years and love it
    2 1/2 years for me. Some advice for the wives of Marines, sell tupperware. Wife made a fortune on TTII having parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Accord View Post
    The only thing more depressing? The closest state in relation to where I am right now is South Carolina.

Hey Accord,you are very depressed.
    Why are you takin it out on South Carolina bro?
    We have palm trees and green grass.
    Sure it's not Miami,but neither is St.Pete..
    Stick with it,it'll grow on you..(NC will)

Thread Information