Drill Instructor cover. - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Talking Moved

Ive moved my stuff, its located here in the Uniform Board Area

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...169#post432169

Oh Chit, Am I In Trouble? I Wear A Cammy Cover When I Put On My Amvets Jacket. All I Have Ever Heard Was, Thanks For Your Service. Besides, If Them Regulations As Spelled Out In Some Parts Were Kept True, Then Alot Of Programs Would Have Been Hurting. Like As Jag. Let Alone The Movies. Ex. A Few Good Men. Just An Old Grunts 2 Cents Worth.

I think that you are several are missing the point.

Since when has "i have seen others do it, so it must be o.k." a valid tool to decision making.

You asked if you could wear a campaign cover in public, and I posted the letter of the law in the long post, copied and pasted from the marine corps uniform board.

And for the one that said go to the moving wall, I don't need to......... I live in DC and go the real wall at least once a quarter. And do I see stuff that violates the uniform rule there as well?.....absolutely......but I also am not asked when I see those men, "Excuse me, I was wondering if this is in regulation," A vietnam cover, union cover, or anything else not of my concern. I wouldnt say anything anyway out of the respect of the meat grinder that some of those brave men had to endure. However, it is against the regs......I have never seen uniform police in the civilian world aside from the FBI agents that bust bogus medal claims.

Do something tasteful, get a Marine Corps lapel pin, a bumper sticker, shirt, polo, or pen set. But a campaign cover, or any Marine Corps head dress, past or present when worn in anything but a complete uniform says to me one of three things.

(a) look at me I was/am a Marine
    (b) I didnt take the time to look up the reg.
    (c) I could care less about the reg.

People should know you are a Marine by your actions, not your costumes.

Semper Fi

If you want to wear it, fvcking wear it, but dont ask a prior fvcking drill instructor if it is ok, if you dont wanna hear the G.D. answer. I am done with this fvcking one, I have lost brain cells reading some of these posts.

Lt. Understood, But Its Not A Costume. You Can Go To Almost Any Supply Store And Buy A Cover. Just Like The Kids Go And Buy Chit And Wear Them. I Guess A Few Thousand Of Us Would Be On Deck For A Good Chewing Out As To-day For Doing Such Things. Sorry, But This Old Guy Is Still Going To Do It.

Oooorah, Mustang.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Good ending!

Thread Information