Mcmap
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mcmap

Mcmap

Who's ready to learn MCMAP. I am! It's great stuff. if anyone wants I'll be posting a few MCMAP videos on youtube. My user name is Xionfreefall I'm waiting for the video to be processed but when it has search MCMAP fundamentals or Basic Warrior stance it's the first on one MCMAP that I've posted so just look for my username. Again it's Xionfreefall

This is not a good idea and I'd advise you poolee's to not get any stupid ideas in your heads and go try this stuff out at home. You'll all get your chance to learn hand to hand combat in bootcamp and later on in the Marine Corps. The last thing any of you need is to think you're damn Steven Segal and go putting your friends in blood chokes or trying to disarm them when they have you at gun point. It's fine to watch the videos but I would strongly recommend that you not try this stuff. We Marines have spent hours upon hours practicing the same moves over and over again and even then, it's not done correctly sometimes.

Also, don't think you're going to be some bada** and try these moves in a fight sometime because there is always someone bigger and badder and just because you can remember what the basic warrior stance is doesn't mean you're going to put someone to the ground.

Carry On!

And MarineFox...leave the schooling to us Marines.

Good initiative, bad judgement Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    This is not a good idea and I'd advise you poolee's to not get any stupid ideas in your heads and go try this stuff out at home. You'll all get your chance to learn hand to hand combat in bootcamp and later on in the Marine Corps. The last thing any of you need is to think you're damn Steven Segal and go putting your friends in blood chokes or trying to disarm them when they have you at gun point. It's fine to watch the videos but I would strongly recommend that you not try this stuff. We Marines have spent hours upon hours practicing the same moves over and over again and even then, it's not done correctly sometimes.

Also, don't think you're going to be some bada** and try these moves in a fight sometime because there is always someone bigger and badder and just because you can remember what the basic warrior stance is doesn't mean you're going to put someone to the ground.

Carry On!

What he said. And he literally means hours and hours of practice. Sometimes your training kicks in when you least expect it....this past Christmas, I was playing a game of "Spoons" with the in-laws (anyone play that?) and I found myself wrestling on the ground with my 6' 2", 220 pound brother-in-law (I'm 5' 3", 170) for the final spoon. He got on top of me and tried to "pin" me, wrestling style. So without thinking I um, got him in an armbar....sorry bro.... but see I knew to let go right away before I broke his arm.... he got to keep the spoon and his arm intact....that's some good training right there.

Anyways, poolees have this distroted view of what MCMAP is like. You all think you're gonna be able to crack skulls with a tan belt. It don't happen like that.

Last edited by Enigmatic; 01-06-09 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spizelling...

I would however recommend practice breaking your falls and record them so we can see your progress especially the front fall

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post

Carry On!

I definately agree with 0231. There are two main problems with practicing the moves you see on youtube. One: if you are not trained by a professional, you are probably doing them wrong. You do NOT want to develop bad habits prior to shipping, this includes shooting as well. Best thing to do is wait 'til you get to boot, they will teach you all you need to know (bad habits are hard to break). Two: you could end up hurting yourself (or someone you know). If you injure yourself while in the dep program (broken bone, torn muscle, etc), you will not be shipping out for a while (possibly never). It is easy to hurt yourself with MCMAP, especially if you are not supervised by an experienced instructor.

Quote Originally Posted by MarineFox View Post
    Who's ready to learn MCMAP. I am! It's great stuff.

Yeah, you're going to think it's great stuff when the instructor has you "drop the weight" for 20+ minutes because he/she thinks you're not sounding off.

Just to add onto what 0231 and everyone else this is someone that should have a warning sign on it "DONT TRY THIS AT HOME" OR "KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN" to many times i have seen McNinjas get layed out you can learn some great stuff in there but and i say but when it comes down to real street one on one your not always going to remember the basics so please kids dont try this at home before lil johnny son is in a coma Big picture

I agree with all of the Marines on here, MCMAP can get pretty dangerous if moves aren't executed properly. We had several recruits get hurt during MCMAP training when I was in boot camp. During a review session before our test for Tan, a recruit poorly executed a leg sweep resulting in him snapping his partner's ankle. You'll get your chance to learn MCMAP when you get to boot camp Fox. Until then, there's no sense in taking the risk of injuring yourself before you even ship to boot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by THAT AINT IT View Post
    Yeah, you're going to think it's great stuff when the instructor has you "drop the weight" for 20+ minutes because she thinks you're not sounding off.
    There's a joke in there.
    Lucky for you scroat lickers I'm to classy to say it.

Who's ready to learn MCMAP. I am! It's great stuff
    Conservatively speaking as a non prodigy, it takes about 1k reps to develop muscle memory, thats a foundation. Dan Gable and John Smith earned national/world titles and olympic freestyle gold with an estimated 50K plus takedown drills

--->Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
    What he said. And he literally means hours and hours of practice. Sometimes your training kicks in when you least expect it....this past Christmas, I was playing a game of "Spoons" with the in-laws (anyone play that?)

GREAT game Corporal

Wow thats funny, your username is Marinefox, yet your not a Marine. Im not either, but just thought that looked a little funny since when you pick your username I could of sworn it said to not put anything in your name with Marine, the Corps,or Semper Fi, But I could of just been drunk when I made my account and not seen it where it said it was ok too include Marine as long as you had fox behind it. Just figured I would point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Martin1 View Post
    Wow thats funny, your username is Marinefox, yet your not a Marine. Im not either, but just thought that looked a little funny since when you pick your username I could of sworn it said to not put anything in your name with Marine, the Corps,or Semper Fi, But I could of just been drunk when I made my account and not seen it where it said it was ok too include Marine as long as you had fox behind it. Just figured I would point that out.

My opinion, this poolee does not rate to have the title Marine in his screen-name. It is something that he has not earned. For now, I will refer to him as PooleeFox; he will not be known as MarineFox until he earns the title.

Good eye poolee Martin.

Thread Information