I am nervous
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am nervous

I am nervous

I leave to boot camp on the 12th of january. I am ready to earn the title of Marine but I am fvckin NERVOUS!!! I didn't think about it too much before but now I am nervous about the unknown...Oh well, you Marines got threw it and so will I, With some help.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Relax, a bit of jitters is normal. You are about to do something that most do not even have the nerve to try. But it is worth every minute of testing to get that feeling when you are a Marine! You'll see.

Your Normal Young One. Just Go Do It Like Many Others Have Before You. Good Luck On The Memories Of A Life Time.

I feel the same Calahan. For as long as I've been in the DEP, my ship date has always seemed so far away. I woke up yesterday and it suddenly hit me in the gut, we are gone in not even two weeks. It crept up quick haha. Nervous as all hell, but can't wait any longer at the same time.

I know man. It hit me saturday
    I am like HOLY SH!T, This is really about to happen

I was the same way about 4 months ago. But then I realized the yelling was just like home. It wasnt to bad for me.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Fear is temporary. Regret is forever.
    Choose!

You won't have time to be nervous, mind over matter, Get Some.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

CalahanD,

This has helped a few in the past...take it for what it is worth!

Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false
    pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Good one Chuck,lol.

I ship tomorrow, but to be honest, right now I'm not even the least bit nervous. Maybe I'm weird, but I can probably guarantee that I'll be nervous when the bus is pulling up to the yellow footprints.

Good luck to you all shipping within the next few weeks while I'm gone. Remember what you've learned here. Speed, Volume, and Intensity!

God Bless.

You too Dizark. Good luck to everyone leaving soon, I leave on Feb 9th, so mine is coming up quick too. I'm nervous! But like Phantom said, regret is forever, and that's why I joined. I didn't want to regret NOT joining years down the road.

Get some guys!

To all you poolies on the verge of the greatest experinece and life changing event you will ever have the priviledge of going through. Be the first off the bus and on the yellow footprints. First impressions are lasting. When the Drill Instrustor says move, you move!!! Give everything you do your utmost ability, and then some. When you graduate you will go home on leave and all your old buddies back on the block will seem so inmature. You will walk straighter, dress neater, talk with more confidence, and impress the hell out of the ladies/men. Make sure to check back in here when you get home and change your poolie status, and join in the brotherhood that is Leatherneck.com. You will then be a Boot until you have some time in, but you will be respected as a Marine. Semper Fi and good luck earning the EGA.

I can't wait. All my life I got to listen to my dads stories while in, and his boot camp stories. The time has come for me to make my own. Thank you Marines for the encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by dizark View Post
    I ship tomorrow, but to be honest, right now I'm not even the least bit nervous. Maybe I'm weird, but I can probably guarantee that I'll be nervous when the bus is pulling up to the yellow footprints.

Good luck to you all shipping within the next few weeks while I'm gone. Remember what you've learned here. Speed, Volume, and Intensity!

God Bless.
    Your life will change the minute you hit the yellow foot prints, Good luck.

Thread Information