Mos
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mos

Question Mos

Ok I really hope I don't get jumped on for asking, but how do you know what MOS is right for you? I have found several listings of enlisted MOSes but I'm not sure what I'd be interested in/best at. Is there a way I could get a heading so I have a smaller group of jobs to consider? Or a survey of some sort I could take that could give me an idea? I'm sorry if a topic like this has already been posted I tried searching before adding junk to the forums. Also if it helps at all I have my ASVAB overall score and the scores for the four main categories. Thanks.

what sounds good to YOU?.....have you ever thoguht of what you want to do as any kind of job in your life?

Well not really....I don't really have any likes I'm kinda weird like that I've always just been interested in what I can do well, and the only thing I'm good at school-wise is science.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverMilton View Post
    Well not really....I don't really have any likes I'm kinda weird like that I've always just been interested in what I can do well, and the only thing I'm good at school-wise is science.
    What kind of science? If you're interested in meteorology like I am, you could sign up for METOC like I did. They also have fields in chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear defense.

Just some options for you.

Hmm I'm good at biological and chemical, but I'm not sure I'd be helping out to my fullest in those fields, would the scores from my ASVAB give me any hint at all what I'd be best at?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Seriously, you don't have anything you're interested in or want to do...? It's your job for next 4-5 years. We can't really tell you what to do about this subject. It's your job to choose your own path to walk on. We just help you along the way. Research some more and find out what sounds good to you. Ask your recruiter about what jobs you qualify for with your ASVAB score.

I just wrote you a huge message, and lost it. Wow. I will write it again after i get back from the chow hall. RAHHH!

Hey LCpl i'm on NAS too. Where do you work?

Well the Sergeant is a busy man I don't like to bother him with my petty affairs....but I do supposed he'd be the best person to look to for help....I didn't get back from MEPS til around 22:00 so he was ready to leave and didn't really talk about my MOS options much, Sergeant Givens did tell me that they weren't getting a list of open MOSes until october 1st I believe and that we'd talk about it then....but it's all I can think about other than you know my training for boot camp, I just want to do the best I can to serve my country.

well when all else fails....... theres the 03xx field.......lol cant go wrong there..

Quote Originally Posted by immaproshooter View Post
    well when all else fails....... theres the 03xx field.......lol cant go wrong there..
    Unless you're female...*sigh*...

thats true, but theres still everything else to choose from

Lol I might go 03 if I can't find anything I'd be better at it was originally my field of choice but my Sergeant thinks I'd be better elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcfarrar View Post
    Hey LCpl i'm on NAS too. Where do you work?
    Farrar you still over at aircrew?

-Golo

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade View Post
    Farrar you still over at aircrew?

-Golo
    What is this.., a Pensacola get-together? lol.

DenverMilton:
    Well speaking of 03XX as an option, have you ever considered aviation? You'll have to talk to your recruiter no matter what, to choose your MOS.

Thread Information