Nam I Corps Social Group
Create Post

Nam I Corps Social Group

Hey All; you salty Nam Vets!!! If you served in the I Corps join this Social Group. "Vietnam I Corps Marines" By joining you could find someone signed up that may have been in your unit around the same time you were. Lets Go I Corps Members. OooohRahhh..Lets get in hear and help each other... Semper Fi... and "Welcome Home Brothers & Sisters"...Jim Please P/M if ya got any ?? Myself orGy7ras

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    SSGT.....I found a few Bro's, but a lot of them are REALLY F****D up, and do NOT want to talk about the past.....TOO BAD.....I miss them!! One at a time!!......SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek

Talking Vietnam The Past!

Hey Doc!

will you be joining us at the group! We can always use a Doc! I know what you mean about many Vietnam Vets not wanting to talk about the past. I myself didn't join any Vietnam forum groups till about three years ago.

What I found is that most of us still don't talk about the negative details of our combat experiences. We mostly talk about the funny and dumb stuff, or remembering a friend, or the environment.

For me being able to share being there with other Vets is a positive for me. I was a squad leader from day one at age 18. I joined the Corps and went to boot camp 56 days after my 17th birthday. Because I could'nt go to Vietnam till I was 18, I was a corporal before I got there and so I was a squad leader from day one till the day I was medivaced out for the second time.

I served from 1970 till 1971 with Delta 1/7 at LZ Baldy, Lima 3/5 at hill 34, and Golf 2/1 at Marble Mountain. When I talk about the funny and dumb things that happened in Nam I remeber the Marines I served with with a laugh and sometimes a tear.

I have met many a Vietnam Combat Vet and just talked about what years we were there, MOS and such and had to say no more. But usually all the funny and dumb stuff came up.

Anyway Doc, thanks for your service and welcome home Bro!

Semper Fi!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    what month s in 70 were you with D 1/7 GY7RAS if i may ask ?

Talking Delta 1/7 Vietnam!

I was with Delta 1/7 out of LZ Baldy July 15th til the end of September when they pulled out of Country. I was the 1st squad leader 3rd platoon.

Count me in. Whiskey 3/12 1964-66, Hotel 3/11 & 3rd. MP's 1969-70.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Gy7 you got there about the time i shiped out...from B 1/7

I was with B Co., 3rd Tanks. Kept the road (Rt. 9) open between Camp Carroll and the Loatian border 67/68.

Count me in. Never have talked to anyone about my time in Nam. With HQ Co, 5th Marines, Comm Battalion- TACP_ Call Sign "Dislodge" Anyone remember Operation Boon, Union and others during 1966 and 1967?

1/4 and 3rd CAG

Served with 1st Gun Squad, 81s Plt, H&S Co, 1/4 and Alpha 6&9, 3rd CAG, III MAF, 1967-1968.

Lima 3/26 (Jan 1970 to March 1970) then after the 26th pulled out was with Hotel 2/1 2nd Platoon, 2nd Squad-Semper fi

1st eng. bn. @ camp carroll and surrounding hills. 11-67 to 2-68 engineers up!!

Dave Lovewell A1/4 66-67 Dong Ha , Cua Viet , Phubai, Blt 1/4, Con Thein , Gio Linh Etc

Thread Information