Question about Marine Corps Reserves
Create Post

Question about Marine Corps Reserves

I don't really know if this is the right place but I have a cousin, brother, and uncle currently in Iraq and I currently am interested in becoming another fellow Marine.

My question is I wouldn't want to do full active duty but I am interested in doing the reserves.

I live in Florida, I will most likely be shipped to Parris Island, sounds like fun right lol, when I do my 13 week boot camp, what happens next?

Do I go on my 30 day leave, or do I come home, and start doing my one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year deal?

Thanks for any replies

Quote Originally Posted by 16YrOldProdigy View Post
    I don't really know if this is the right place but I have a cousin, brother, and uncle currently in Iraq and I currently am interested in becoming another fellow Marine.

My question is I wouldn't want to do full active duty but I am interested in doing the reserves.

I live in Florida, I will most likely be shipped to Parris Island, sounds like fun right lol, when I do my 13 week boot camp, what happens next?

Do I go on my 30 day leave, or do I come home, and start doing my one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year deal?

Thanks for any replies
    30 days leave? Did I get hoodwinked? I only got 10....I want my other 20! As for your question, I think a reservist could answer that best. There's a few on here, maybe they'll answer your question. If they're not too ticked off about being short 20 days boot leave as well....

And oh yeah fill out your profile, kid.

I was on ************* and it said you get 30 days paid vacation and you could take it after boot camp if you wanted. I must have mis-read it sorry for the confusion lol

Although I am not finished with MOS school yet, I will be a reservist and have a pretty good idea how it works. You go to boot camp for 13 weeks, after that, you get 10 days of leave. You then go to ITB (for infantry) or MCT (for every other MOS) at the school of infantry. After that, you will go to your MOS school to learn your job, and then you will go back home and check in with your reserve unit. You will drill atleast 1 weekend a month, and 2 weeks during the summer. If the unit is called up to deploy, you go wherever they are being sent, and when you return, you start your drill again. Hope this helps, sorry for it being kinda lengthy.

Thread Information