United States Army - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo View Post
    We talk trash about everyone, get over it. When you're the best you see the shortcomings in those around you. Don't get me wrong, I respect the crap our of our men and women in the Army- but they should remember what ARMY stands for...

Aren't
    Ready to be
    Marines
    Yet

or

Aren't
    Really
    Marines
    Yet
    or Aren't
    really
    men
    yet

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    All I know is that I respect all Marines and Soldiers who fight and die for me.

Hey Bro, don't take it personally. It's just a little b@ll busting thats all. I was in the Army for 10 years and swithced to the Corps. Yeah, I caught alot of #$%^ when I was poking around this site also but hey, if you want to do it, it can be done. I will tell you this when I logged back onto this site after I was officially a Marine I was accepted with open arms. If you wanna do it then do it, if not then don't, but if your gonna let a little bit of trash talk get to you then I suggest you seriously think hard about what you want to get into. Trust me being a soldier took alot but to be a Marine means you have to be alot tougher.

Look. It's just a little b@ll busting thats all. I was in the Army for 10 years and when I joined this site and started saying that I was going to switch over I got the same kind of #@!%. I will tell you this though after I went to PI and earned the title of Marine I came back on this site and was welcomed with open arms. I'll break it down to you even though I busted my @$$ everyday in the Army I still saw soldiers being handed things. We Marines past and present EARN everything we get. Now as for you switching over it can be done if I can do it at 30 years old and 10 years in the Army you can too. But one thing that I don't want to hear is you to come on here and brag or B!*&^ about how hard you had it on Sand Hill. No one here is going to deny that you had it a rough and no matter what people say there will be a level of respect for the fact that you are serving in the Armed Forces. But don't you ever in your mother$*%&^() life try to get loud or try to act bad@$$ to a person who earned his title and not given to him before he ever went to bootcamp. I've lived both sides of the fence so trust me I know what I'm talking about. If you want to do it then do it. If not then don't but give respect where it's due especially on a site for Marines in which you are a GUEST!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    AND BIGGER BALLS.........
    ... but not as big as commdog7's -

Wow...just...wow

I've always been of the belief that each of the service branches serves a unique purpose unto itself for the most part, we're all on the same team, and ultimately serve the same master in defense of our country and foreign policy across the world.

I have not had much interaction with the Army in the past, I will admit that, but what little I did have left a very bad taste in my mouth.

To begin with, Marine's are inherently different, we always have been and hopefully will be for hundreds of years to come.

Of all the Military branches, you can be in the Army, you can be in the Navy, but you ARE a MARINE. I realize that it sounds trivial to you, but to us, it's our heritage and identity, formed by sacrifice, hard work, and a love for your fellow Marine that the other branches do NOT instill.

My first negative Army experience was at Ft Leonard Wood, MO. I was there as a Sgt attending the Heavy Equipment Journeyman's Course. All of us being SNCO's or NCO's and fully funded orders, we had a decent life. I stopped into the little BX on base, and encountered this: a Marine PFC did something wrong or whatever and was corrected by a Army Sgt. Fine, great, no problem...you're correcting the problem and supposed to be done with it. Nope...Army Sgt was humiliating the PFC making him go from Parade Rest to POA repeatedly. I of course step in, ask the Marine what's up ignoring Sgt Douche, and tell him to go away. I then confront Sgt Douche...I just told him to make me go at POA....just try it and see what happens. It got ugly, he slunk away to have his buddies console or stroke him I think...piece of sh!t!!

Second occurance happened at Hunter Army Airfield in Savannah GA during ASCIETT-2000. We were there supporting the exercise with HE and MT assets and living at a barracks on the flight line. No problem. A short distance away, there was a bunch of Ranger's...big whoop.

Well, the Ranger's thought they'd be funny one night and raid our barracks and cause hate and discontent. All this really did was empty our barracks and **** us off royally. I'm not saying we stomped the Rangers, we took our lumps, but they limped away and we got their little Ranger flag they carried during the raid. The next day, the Ranger's Major came to our building trying to intimidate our Maj and to give them their flag back (I guess the Ranger's told "dad" they got pummelled). Well, our Major was a previous All-American football player with absolutely NO neck and was a bodybuilder...needless to say the Ranger went away without a flag. Last I seen it, it was in the trophy case at MWSS-274 lol.

There have been and continue to be some great things done by people in the Army, not denying that. But to come on here and try to justify your existence and say "we're just as good" is not gonna work. We are different, and thank God for that...Marine's are the best people I know. We're loud, we're rude, we're crass (and that's just the females), and we may fight against each other, but Heaven help you if you get between us.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Ramsey
    and we may fight against each other, but Heaven help you if you get between us.
    THAT, says it all!!

I'm a former grunt and PMI (Parris Island, MCRD) and I respect all of our military service personnel. My father (Vietnam Vet, USAF), my sister (Major, flight nurse, USAF) bringing back the critically wounded soldiers as you're reading this, and my daughter (Army MP) heading to Iraq next month. May God bless all of our troops!

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ENOUGH OF THIS ARMY CRAP!!! When I was "in country", we saw that wherever they went, they had "water-Buffalo's, and HOT CHOW"!! POOR discipline, terrible training, and unqualified leaders!!! WHAT A CLUSTER FVCK!! PROUD TO HAVE SERVED, WITH THE BEST, WITH THE LEAST!!.....DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    bro, my uncle served in the army, for 8 years got out as a staff sergeant. dont get me wrong alot of my family fought in the army. but i also had a dream to be a marine, for 18 years i bled marine corps pride, had marine corps flags in my room, flying on the flag pole outside, and draped in my back window of my truck. i talked to army recruiters and they didnt appeal to me like the marines did. didnt like the fact they wore cammies out in town. didnt hold themselves up to the standards of the corps. dont get me wrong im just a airwinger but im still proud to call myself a MARINE. i mean seriously i have friends in the airforce, army, and navy. they are all good branches in theirselves. but if you want to look at professionals go look at the airforce, army, or navy. if you want mean, blood sucking, killers. LOOK AT THE MARINES. yea its all a whos got the bigger dick, competition with the corps and other branches, but seriously its the same in the Marines. groundside Marines dog on the Airwing Marines. Grunts think everything thats not a grunt is a pogue. and wingers think that grunts are all dumb ass individuals. o well get the **** over it bro. **** suck it the **** up they have extra straws in the chow hall.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    ENOUGH OF THIS ARMY CRAP!!! When I was "in country", we saw that wherever they went, they had "water-Buffalo's, and HOT CHOW"!! POOR discipline, terrible training, and unqualified leaders!!! WHAT A CLUSTER FVCK!! PROUD TO HAVE SERVED, WITH THE BEST, WITH THE LEAST!!.....DOC
    Amen to that Doc.

Thread Information