United States Army
Create Post
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Exclamation United States Army

Alright now I imagine by simply making an account and posting here Im opening myself to verbal attack from people. But YES, im in the Army, im not a Marine.

Now I need to give you a bit of history on myself, I love the Marine Corp and for the bulk of my life wanted nothing other than to simply earn the title Marine, the mere thought brought a seance of pride to me. However When my father passed when I was 15, I requested to be sent to military school so i could prepare myself for the military and get into my dream college (Virginia Military Institute). However as time passed we quickly ran out of money for the tuition, and I was approached by the Army, they offered to help pay for tuition. Anyway long story short I joined the Army for the tuition money so I could stay at a school I was truely proud to be apart of. Though I felt as though I had betrayed my heart, by joining the Army.

Now for 17 years of my life its was the Corps or nothing else (though i was a Navy brat). And I thought very little of the Army and thought they were weak and sucked, without any actual true knowledge of them. Now that ive actually been in the Army for a year as of 2 days ago, I must say I feel guilty for all the smack I talked about the Army. I have found the Army to be a very professional, and if you permit "Elite" fighting force in its own right, I can say that becoming a Soldier was a truly prideful moment in my life. I guess what im getting at is that once you get passed the "who's got a bigger dick contest" between the Corps and the Army, were all American fighting men. I grown proud of the rich history of the Army and all its done over the years in battle, I mean my unit the 116th INF REG. was the first wave on Omaha Beach June 6th 1944, and is descended from the Stonewall Brigade in the Civil War.

When I finish my enlistment in the Army I havent decided if Im going to reenlist in the Army or join the Corp, i honestly have not made up my mind yet.

I do have one small complaint, why does the Corps feel as though its can berate and trash talk the Army when we fight and bleed and die and win just as many battles and fight just as hard for the United States. I guese after seeing friends come home in flagged draped coffins, whenever I hear a Marine make a derogatory remark about the Army I become enraged and snap on whoever said it, as though they where disrespecting my deceased father. I myself never speak ill of another branch and their service, and respect all who raise thier right hand before my country's flag.

Just looking for some opinions, comments, anything, what do you think of my story and perspective on thing. Please keep it civil, with no rude comments please.

Hey Josh,this is not disrespectful to your Dad but I have to say it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

NUTS........

A frikkin Army dog on a Marine website....imagine that.....smells fishy to me....and this is one fish who ain't gonna bite....!!! Don't go away mad....just go away....

We have been fixing the army's mistakes since 1775, so if you don't like it lump it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    hummmm....talk Marine bashing Army all you want....i never used to bash Army myself...thinking some what the same as you...but after years of litening to Army folk bash me and my being in the Corps i just thought id get on the band wagon...most time just out of fun....guess it mst be the training we reseave...if they tought us that others were saperior to us we wouldnt be worth a darn in battle...just turn tail and run...you have to think you are better then the other...or at least qual to the task....must be something to the fact that if you have been threw Marine Corps boot camp you may go to any other branch of service with out haveing to go to theirs...on the other hand any other branch of service that wants to become a Marine must first prove their metal by compleating Marine Corps Boot Camp....a wannabe trying to justify his not being sounds to me...sorry iffen that soundsrude

go army

If you are a Army dog like you say. Want to thank you for serving. 17 years of my life was to the Army. Dad, Brothers, Cousins were all Army boys and girls. For some odd reason never joined. Seemed right, all of the family is already there. Hell raised right in Ft. Benning's back yard. There is something about the Corps that you will never understand unless you are a Marine.

Don't take it personal, we (Marines) are competitive and if were not out drinking, Pt'ing, or smoking each other. When we hear or see Soldiers. We just can't resist to start something.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    damn, you don't understand, you cant understand unless you've done it. We don't get the cool toys until there no good anymore, our funding is in the toilet, we put our body's thru things animals cant handle and in the end thats exactly what's expected of us. To make miracles out of nothing. We are like the big brother, and your like the spoiled little sister. They don't expect much from you and figure if they keep throwing money at you you'll shut up.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    "I am an American Fighting Man. I serve in the forces that guard my country and our way of life." - Learned by all soldiers and Marines.

But Marines do have bigger dicks!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    "I am an American Fighting Man. I serve in the forces that guard my country and our way of life." - Learned by all soldiers and Marines.

But Marines do have bigger dicks!
    AND BIGGER BALLS.........

We talk trash about everyone, get over it. When you're the best you see the shortcomings in those around you. Don't get me wrong, I respect the crap our of our men and women in the Army- but they should remember what ARMY stands for...

Aren't
    Ready to be
    Marines
    Yet

or

Aren't
    Really
    Marines
    Yet

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo View Post
    We talk trash about everyone, get over it. When you're the best you see the shortcomings in those around you. Don't get me wrong, I respect the crap our of our men and women in the Army- but they should remember what ARMY stands for...

Aren't
    Ready to be
    Marines
    Yet

or

Aren't
    Really
    Marines
    Yet
    Good one,lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 29letsgo View Post
    Alright now I imagine by simply making an account and posting here Im opening myself to verbal attack from people. But YES, im in the Army, im not a Marine.

Now I need to give you a bit of history on myself, I love the Marine Corp and for the bulk of my life wanted nothing other than to simply earn the title Marine, the mere thought brought a seance of pride to me. However When my father passed when I was 15, I requested to be sent to military school so i could prepare myself for the military and get into my dream college (Virginia Military Institute). However as time passed we quickly ran out of money for the tuition, and I was approached by the Army, they offered to help pay for tuition. Anyway long story short I joined the Army for the tuition money so I could stay at a school I was truely proud to be apart of. Though I felt as though I had betrayed my heart, by joining the Army.

Now for 17 years of my life its was the Corps or nothing else (though i was a Navy brat). And I thought very little of the Army and thought they were weak and sucked, without any actual true knowledge of them. Now that ive actually been in the Army for a year as of 2 days ago, I must say I feel guilty for all the smack I talked about the Army. I have found the Army to be a very professional, and if you permit "Elite" fighting force in its own right, I can say that becoming a Soldier was a truly prideful moment in my life. I guess what im getting at is that once you get passed the "who's got a bigger dick contest" between the Corps and the Army, were all American fighting men. I grown proud of the rich history of the Army and all its done over the years in battle, I mean my unit the 116th INF REG. was the first wave on Omaha Beach June 6th 1944, and is descended from the Stonewall Brigade in the Civil War.

When I finish my enlistment in the Army I havent decided if Im going to reenlist in the Army or join the Corp, i honestly have not made up my mind yet.

I do have one small complaint, why does the Corps feel as though its can berate and trash talk the Army when we fight and bleed and die and win just as many battles and fight just as hard for the United States. I guese after seeing friends come home in flagged draped coffins, whenever I hear a Marine make a derogatory remark about the Army I become enraged and snap on whoever said it, as though they where disrespecting my deceased father. I myself never speak ill of another branch and their service, and respect all who raise thier right hand before my country's flag.

Just looking for some opinions, comments, anything, what do you think of my story and perspective on thing. Please keep it civil, with no rude comments please.
    are you kidding? The army is a complete joke. We fix your **** ups every time you idiots are deployed. Look at the 1st gulf war for example Good ol gen norm Swartzkopf(sp?) tried to show case the army and got totally shut down-the marines kicked serious documented ass. Look at your idiot rangers who botched up somalia and who saved your ass-yep the usmc. the list goes on and on since 1775. I have trained with you army dogs(as Im sure many of my brothers and sisters have here) and it is nothing more than disgusting about how **** poor trained you all are. It starts at bootcamp (yes it has changed a bunch since I went in 97-sad now--) but for 13 weeks we didnt get to call home, talk to one another, have party time. We were treated like training day 1 recruits literally 12 of the 13 weeks. We weeded out the non hackers(started with 78 recruits and graduated with 48) and knew that making mistakes would cost marines to lose their lives in combat. Our 4 Drill Instructors made sure we bleed god, country and corp. Thats were the transformation starts and carries on to the fleet.

Now what about the Army, o yeah I forgot the new Army directives for basic training
    you are gaurenteed 8 hours asleep a night
    you are gaurenteed your fill with plenty of time to eat at the chow hall
    and the kicker--the army doesnt feel the need to yell at recruits as much, its better to pull them aside and re direct them
    I have had friends of mine who went through army bootcamp and talked about pillow fights in their dorm style rooms, liberty on the weekends and free time etc-what the hell is that? nothing more than a recipe for disaster on and off the battle field

dont get me wrong there are some good soldiers out there who have served greatly, but the amount of **** poor soldiers out there surely outweigh any of that.

The army breeds individualism-an army of one--a mistake right there

We are the The few, the proud, the marines--one heart-one blood-one soul semper fi

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by usmc0331 View Post
    are you kidding? The army is a complete joke. We fix your **** ups every time you idiots are deployed. Look at the 1st gulf war for example Good ol gen norm Swartzkopf(sp?) tried to show case the army and got totally shut down-the marines kicked serious documented ass. Look at your idiot rangers who botched up somalia and who saved your ass-yep the usmc. the list goes on and on since 1775. I have trained with you army dogs(as Im sure many of my brothers and sisters have here) and it is nothing more than disgusting about how **** poor trained you all are. It starts at bootcamp (yes it has changed a bunch since I went in 97-sad now--) but for 13 weeks we didnt get to call home, talk to one another, have party time. We were treated like training day 1 recruits literally 12 of the 13 weeks. We weeded out the non hackers(started with 78 recruits and graduated with 48) and knew that making mistakes would cost marines to lose their lives in combat. Our 4 Drill Instructors made sure we bleed god, country and corp. Thats were the transformation starts and carries on to the fleet.

Now what about the Army, o yeah I forgot the new Army directives for basic training
    you are gaurenteed 8 hours asleep a night
    you are gaurenteed your fill with plenty of time to eat at the chow hall
    and the kicker--the army doesnt feel the need to yell at recruits as much, its better to pull them aside and re direct them
    I have had friends of mine who went through army bootcamp and talked about pillow fights in their dorm style rooms, liberty on the weekends and free time etc-what the hell is that? nothing more than a recipe for disaster on and off the battle field

dont get me wrong there are some good soldiers out there who have served greatly, but the amount of **** poor soldiers out there surely outweigh any of that.

The army breeds individualism-an army of one--a mistake right there

We are the The few, the proud, the marines--one heart-one blood-one soul semper fi
    Well said

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hey there you Army ...
    What are you doing? ....
    Get in your tanks and follow me ....
    I am Marine Corps infantry

Chesty Pullar was a good Marine and a good Marine was he
    He called for his pipe and he called for his bowl and he called for his privates 3
    Beer, beer, beer said the privates
    Merry ole men are we
    The Army is fair but it can't compare to the Marine Corps infantry

Enough said!

Last edited by temarti; 12-15-08 at 10:22 PM. Reason: script stuff

Thread Information