How to graduate 1st in bootcamp?
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

How to graduate 1st in bootcamp?

First of all, I'm very interested in becoming a Scout/ Sniper. I want to excel and be the best in bootcamp to imrpove my chances in getting into Scout/ Sniper school. I read in the Scout/ Sniper sticky that 0341 was best to make it into Scout/ Sniper because of the math and training you do. Is it?

Uh, what can I do to better prepare myself to become the best in bootcamp? Besides PT.

Let's see, what do I think of when I think of a Scout/Sniper?

Oh yeah, I think of someone that observes their surroundings and is willing to go the extra mile to accomplish their mission.

Since your mission in this case is to find an answer to questions that have been asked no less than 900 billion times on this forum, I'd assume that an aspiring sniper would be able to observe this forum and find the answer.

Yes sir, found a good thread, http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...highlight=0302

Thanks for the... guidance?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    There's this top-class military simulation (with Marines, no less!) called Call of Duty 4 that gives excellent insight into becoming a USMC Scout/Sniper. Most of the skills in that game are directly transferable and as real as it gets in the field. Make sure you play in "hardcore" mode so other people you know you're the best of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratcliff View Post
    I read in the Scout/ Sniper sticky that 0341 was best to make it into Scout/ Sniper because of the math and training you do. Is it?
    That's debatable.
    It doesn't really make a difference as long are you are in the 03 field.

WERM

Pete

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    You still have almost 9 months to pick up extracurricular activities. Do something that demonstrates Leadership in your Community. It will build confidence and get you noticed. Pick something that you can get your Heart into.

And read all the Poolee Knowledge you can find here. We've been around for years answering hundreds of Poolee questions.

Credits
    Savings
    1st, you get a broomstick ....

Quote Originally Posted by Books View Post
    There's this top-class military simulation (with Marines, no less!) called Call of Duty 4 that gives excellent insight into becoming a USMC Scout/Sniper. Most of the skills in that game are directly transferable and as real as it gets in the field. Make sure you play in "hardcore" mode so other people you know you're the best of the best.
    Ha, I'm lvl 55 7th prestige and hardcore is all I ever play, and sniper is only gun i use on any map .
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    That's debatable.
    It doesn't really make a difference as long are you are in the 03 field.

WERM

Pete
    Alright, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    You still have almost 9 months to pick up extracurricular activities. Do something that demonstrates Leadership in your Community. It will build confidence and get you noticed. Pick something that you can get your Heart into.

And read all the Poolee Knowledge you can find here. We've been around for years answering hundreds of Poolee questions.
    I wouldn't know where to start or look for community leadership. Fortunatly, confidence is not an issue with me. But I do need to get noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Books View Post
    lol nice. I think he realized you were kidding... I think...

But if anything just know your knowledge. You will learn it there but it'll ease the burden from what I hear. Worry about getting through and helping out your fellow recruits. You'll be an honor graduate if they feel you should.

Lord knows there's a lot of differences between the Marine Corps and the Army.........But, every sniper I met in the Army was quiet. They were the guys that half the 11B's took for admin pukes until someone cared enough to notice the tab. No bragging, no cocky stories about how 'bad-ass' they are. On top of that, I don't think I met a single one that shot 40/40 on qual.

Ha, I'm lvl 55 7th prestige and hardcore is all I ever play, and sniper is only gun i use on any map .
    You're a level 55 NERD, 7th Dweeb!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    But I do need to get noticed.
    So, you're an attention wh0re? That's a good reason to join our Corps! What a dumba$$!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Want noticed? Have someone send you some KY while your there.

Good morning, 84,,,,Are we having fun now?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    We are now!

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Want noticed? Have someone send you some KY while your there.

Good morning, 84,,,,Are we having fun now?
    Or a big box full of crushed styrofoam. That stuff will get everywhere while digging through the box and is clings to everything!

Thread Information