03 Infantry Countdown to MCRDSD - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member 03Infantry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Church services are awesome. You get away from the Di's. People that normally arn't religous even go to church. The hardest part of bootcamp is mentally is receiving/ first phase. That is when they break you down and build you up the way they want to.

THere are catholic and what other types of services available.?
    to bad you cant really prepare yourself for the mental part

Credits
    Savings
    There is everything available. Even buddist. There really no way to prepare yourself. Just remeber that others before you went through it and that you have what it takes. On the pft runs we would be running back at the last leg of the run. When I felt like dying I would end up running by the Huge USMC sign by the airport that says ," THE FEW THE PROUD THE MARINES" and all of the sudden I realized I had all the energy in the world. It is stuff like that that will help you.

How heavy are the packs? are you issued the new bdu's? are you issued the new pack that is yet to be named?
    thx

Credits
    Savings
    Yes we wear the new BDU's. No we use the old packs in bootcamp. Um the packs kind of depend on what company your in. 1st Battalion has the heaviest packs. They probably weighed about 80 pounds. You won't feel it because there is a support in your lower back so it is not that bad.

thats good. Why do certain companies get different weights? What are to new boots like? arent they kinda tan with furry leatherish stuff?

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    the kid is full of questions - heres one:

How many times did your squad leader change? And exactly how hard is it to make squad leader?

look lakey boy I'm no kid I'm a 17 yr old
    Your just a lowly poolee too. j/k these wonderful Marines love answering my questions dont ya'll

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    LoL apologies for the offensive comment, didnt mean it to be

rgr knew you were kidding but figured I'd return the fun

Credits
    Savings
    Yes that is what the boots are like. The questions are cool, it makes me feel important (hahaha). We had two squad leaders that were squad leaders for all of bootcamp. The only way you really get fired is if you are "weak", don't sound off, or do something really bad.

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    well now 03 Infantry,

now the shoe has changed, you're the Marine answering the questions around here. How's it feel? The qualifying statement: you're the MARINE!

you and Avatar have added so much to the tread. answers us old ones are a wee bit stale on. your experience at boot is so fresh, no recent. glad the both of you came back here and are sharing your experience with the young ones.

Remember Poolees, be respectful to the Marines answering your questions. They have earned a title you hope to attain someday - if you're lucky. Be respectful with each other. As Marines, we work as a team, we pull the rope together.

semper fi,
    jchristin

I'm glad my questions make you feel important lol. SO would you recomend volunteering for squad leader if you want it? How was the chow. A PFC that just got back told us the food was really good? We had a pool funciton and after we finished doin the IST somebody in our squad decided that he and the Gunny were drinkin buddies and called him by his last name only. THe rest of the squad got the honor of being smoked for about 30 minutes doin pushups, butterfly's, crunches, mnt climbers and running an extra 1.5. Say the least we were ****ed. Then the PFC told us that what we just did aint half as bad as it is in boot camp. One of the recruiters told that guy that if he did that **** im boot camp and didnt tell the squad he was sorry he'd get a blanket party. We wanted to give him one. I guess if I want to be squad leader I had better get used to being ****ed with for someone elses mistakes

Credits
    Savings
    Definitly try to be a squad leader. You will get messed up but it will be worth it when you graduate. Yeah you will get messed up way worse in bootcamp.

yea well if its gets me more respect and rank it sworth it. I'll be a contract PFC so If I was able to get squad or honor man I could come out a LCPl. that'd be nice

Thread Information