Im Up For Any Questiones!! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    were you seriously asking about showers?...wow...i remember asking about the Crucible and BWT before i left for boot...not showers and dress time...lol you get plenty of time to do everything. they dont set you up for failure and they dont send you into something expecting failure. you get briefed on everything. there's even a class on getting quarterdecked. dont lose your bearing. dont hold back, make sure the DI's know who you are.YELL!!! just remember Speed, Volume, And Intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester3113 View Post
    were you seriously asking about showers?...wow...i remember asking about the Crucible and BWT before i left for boot...not showers and dress time...lol you get plenty of time to do everything. they dont set you up for failure and they dont send you into something expecting failure. you get briefed on everything. there's even a class on getting quarterdecked. dont lose your bearing. dont hold back, make sure the DI's know who you are.YELL!!! just remember Speed, Volume, And Intensity.
    Plenty of time to do everything, times have changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester3113 View Post
    lol you get plenty of time to do everything.
    I definately don't remember getting "plenty of time." I remember having "200 seconds" or something like that.

200 drill instructor seconds is plenty of time. you dont need to wash every each of your body. just do a PT or semi-field expediant shower. its plenty of time

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JdnSmith View Post
    All you have to do is listen to your PMI and apply all the skills that he teaches you. I was never trained in marksmanship before bootcamp and I shot expert. Don't worry so much about it or you will psyche yourself out. Just pay close attention and you will be fine.
    Exactly!! Some of the best shooters I ever had had never shot anything in their life, hence they had no bad habits (Kentucky windage??) to correct. Listen to your PMI. He knows how to read the wind, clouds, sun, heat boils and everything else and will instruct you in making dope changes....except on qual day...you're on your own then, but you should have taken in some of the PMI's knowledge---unless you're a rock!

I had a WM that was a first-time shooter, at the stumps, that shot a 241, although I think I gave her special attention. She was a babe...I was single...lonely...hard up...you know, a typical Jarhead. Come to think of it, looking back at it 20+ years later----hmmm----she was a DOG. Oh well, any port in a storm!

I'm not worried about bootcamp... but how the hell did you deal with the wait beforehand? Its killing me. I am in a small area and we only have one recruiter so our functions are few and far between. Two months to go and I cant get it off my mind.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WOW! Somebody dug to find this old thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    WOW! Somebody dug to find this old thread.
    Yeah, how about that 84...and the thread is amost a year old besides...and the original poster hasn't been on here since the beginning of the year.
    It would've made a lot more sence if this poolee who brought it back to life, would've just started a new one in the Ask A Marine forum.

Credits
    Savings
    Why do people sit on this website and just look for things poolee's are doing wrong or look for the same thread, should be helping them instead so they do well in boot camp ... but anyways congrats Marine!

Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by Knudsen View Post
    Why do people sit on this website and just look for things poolee's are doing wrong or look for the same thread, should be helping them instead so they do well in boot camp ... but anyways congrats Marine!

Semper Fi!
    Why do poolees go around telling Marines what to do?
    And DO NOT use Semper Fi....you don't rate it. It's in the site rules in the poolee forum, read them!

Credits
    Savings
    I'm not telling you what to do at all .. with no disrespect i was just SUGGESTING that maybe helping them would be the better thing to do ..

Poolee...I did make a suggestion. I suggested that instead of bringing up an old thread and posting to someone who doesn't even come on this site anymore, to start a new one in the Ask A Marine forum.
    Now...lets just leave it at that.

Thread Information