Needs some help...
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Needs some help...

Hey everyone
    I am looking for some help about my future plans. I am 16 years old and have been researching the Marines for a long time, I have always wanted to join the military and have already decided fully that the Marines is the path I want to go. But with researching what I want to do for the USMC, I have run into a little road block.
    I wanted to be an infantry officer for the marines, but didn't want to end it there, I want to be the best of the best. So I was planning on also being a Force Recon Scout Sniper, and I have done plenty of research on both subjects and feel great about them. I am very dedicated to my decision sticking to a strict workout plan, and doing ever bit of research I can to prepare myself.
    But I was told that I would not be allowed to be an Infantry Officer and then become designated as a Scout Sniper. Is there any way that I could go through with both of my goals???
    Any help or Information would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks for everything [=

Oh god kid. listen. Read the sticky's about scoutsniper/force recon/ricky rambo/badass. I'm gonna give it to you nicely, worry about bootcamp first. Then SOI, then try out for RIP if you still want to. You have alot of decisions ahead of you. My advice, take the beatings these Marines are sure to give you for this post, move on, learn from it, never ask it again, fill your head with knowledge, enlist and ship to boot.

Will us poolees ever learn?-

-Jake

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    And you're posting in the Drifters Place instead of the Ask A Marine forum because........................................... ...?

Credits
    Savings
    Oh my ****ing gawd, another one.

Like, umm, ricky, er, so, you see, like recon, eh, scuba, er, squirrel.

1st, you get a broomstick .....

Wink Moderator

Moderator need front and center

Oh I was attached to 2nd Recon for a while, as a Traker does that count hehehehehe

Can you do it? I doubt it- why would the Marine Corps want someone to be a scout sniper or an officer of Marines when they cannot follow simple rules on a website?

Simple answer, enlist and become a sniper- then apply for OCS after you get a degree.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Good luck, kid. I'm still waiting for an opening in the Fantastic Four. Until then, I'm stuck with the Justice League of America.

Ellie,,,,, It's your 'Hood,,,,, get em,,,,,,,,

Good thing I was in a good mood or I would have deleted the thread...

Now Read the Rules in the Poolee Hall ....They are the Stickys

Ellie

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    In order to be Recon, you must stand at attention (with broomstick in hand), click your heels 3 times while saying "I wanna be Recon, I wanna be Recon, I wanna be Recon"

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Tanner, First off you got to finish school with high marks. Get into sports and extra curricular that will put you into Leadership positions.

Be sure to learn how to swim. Make pushing yourself harder in everything a way of life for you. So at 16 you will have 6 years of personal training. Then you MAY be ready for Marine OCS Training.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by thedrifter View Post
    Good thing I was in a good mood or I would have deleted the thread...

Now Read the Rules in the Poolee Hall ....They are the Stickys

Ellie
    Ms Ellie, you are so kind, this being a Saturday morning. You musta got lucky last night!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by bigalholmes165 View Post
    Ms Ellie, you are so kind, this being a Saturday morning. You musta got lucky last night!!
    Hush up.

I hope so, somebody better be getting some because this **** is starting to get ridiculous!!!

2 months and 19 days now! WTF, OVER!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    I hope so, somebody better be getting some because this **** is starting to get ridiculous!!!

2 months and 19 days now! WTF, OVER!
    That is so incredibly hilarious that you count. Yet it's also sad. I feel for you.

Thread Information