Run times. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Run times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpl to Civ View Post
    Yea i def recommned up your milage to at least 15 to 20 miles a week seems like a lot...
    If he wants to go Recon that's not enough.
    The minimum distance you should be running is 3 miles with the most being 9-10 miles. Around 25-30 miles a week.

Running is not where Marines fail, the swimming portion is.

PT twice a day if you have time. Swim in the morning, run in the evening then rotate every week or so while changing the distances.
    If you don't have the time to swim, or the opportunity, do the following exercises: Dive Bombers, hello dollys, flutter kicks.
    Just remember to make time every week to swim.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    If he wants to go Recon that's not enough.
    The minimum distance you should be running is 3 miles with the most being 9-10 miles. Around 25-30 miles a week.

Running is not where Marines fail, the swimming portion is.

PT twice a day if you have time. Swim in the morning, run in the evening then rotate every week or so while changing the distances.
    If you don't have the time to swim, or the opportunity, do the following exercises: Dive Bombers, hello dollys, flutter kicks.
    Just remember to make time every week to swim.
    Yea you are correct but someone who hasnt even ran 10 miles before shouldnt up to 25- 30 miles a week without training 10-15 becuase he will easliy get injured and wont even be able to suceed. I was trying to elivate any type of injury he could get by starting out slow... But the swimming is the most faliure part i do agree.

Thank you for the advice.
    Let me ask you, would it be smart to go in under a FAST company MOS for a few years before even attempting recon? Or even just straight infantry..

Why just go Recon you don't even need boot camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikescroggs View Post
    Thank you for the advice.
    Let me ask you, would it be smart to go in under a FAST company MOS for a few years before even attempting recon? Or even just straight infantry..

There is no "FAST company MOS"....FAST Marines have a Billet MOS of 8152, but so do all Security Forces Marines, it doesn't guarantee you FAST. If you're serious about the whole Recon thing (and most poolees and wannabes think they are until they realize the HARD work it involves) than I would suggest going the regular infantry route. If you consistently outperform your peers in the fleet, then you should look into trying out for Recon or MARSOC.

Thread Information