Real Marine or Fake? - Page 8
Create Post
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kenrobg30 View Post
    I no longer have a problem talking about the past, as long as the people i'm talking to, can understand the language, and the emotion that goes with it. Don't doubt the old guy, just because he can't remember. Not remembering hurts too. S/F!!! Ken

I have been able to go into a local Vietnamese Restaurant for the last six years, although I have to face the waitress area because I have problems hearing their language behind me.

I have a friend who was in the Korean War and he still remembers his platoon number and DI's. It's something you never forget.

mcvet57103
    Due to disrespect, and harrassment by trolls, and posers, I have deleted most of the info in my profile, and am leaving the site. I wish you all good luck in life, and maybe I'll come back some day. Till then, Semper Fi.
    mcvet57103 this is horse schit.
    If you are a Marine, reestablish your profile.

Then:

Shove disrespect and harassments up the troll’s ass:

Then:

Shove the trolls up the poser’s ass.

Then:

Sit back and enjoy what I perceive as enjoyment..
    When confronted with similar disrespect.

Recall can be a very elusive endeavor at best, and sheer failure at worst.
    I can recall my platoon number and service number from the 50’s.

If my life depended on it I could not give you my DI’s names.
    Not because they were cupcakes,
    because they beat the living schit out of me on one occasion
    and were maniacal at turning scum into Marines.

Frater Infinitas
    SF.

Damn that's a rough start to your career in the Corps! Didn't know he even signed up to be a Marine lol. Sucked for him at the time, but it worked out for him in the end. "Why do you wanna be a Marine rct Harrell?"..."A what?"

Well, I guess that I am a phoney too. I can not remember my boot camp plt #. I remember that I was at PI, 2ed bn on the 2ed deck and my senior DI was a buck sgt Flynn. started boot on May19 1954 to Aug 6 1954.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Silver...have friends that i was real close to in nam....most the tour...cant remember their names...go figure...also have made contackt with others that was close to and rememberd their name...they had truble remembering me...soooo it goes you did the time to hell with the doubters....several have a problem with me and my time/rank...it dont mean nothin bro

Credits
    Savings
    Not to change the subject too much but there are Marines who didn't go to boot camp and served honorably and bravely. My brother, the other Cpl. Simpson being one and a great many of the St. Louis Mo. reservists who served with Baker 1/7 in the Chosin Reservior in Nov. 1950. A few that were left all members of the Chosin Few came up here to see him off when we layed him to rest at Jefferson Barracks. We went to my palce and had some drinks afterwards. Most of those guys enlisted in the reserves after high school in june and july 1950. Everything in the Corps was slow then WWII was over, the Corps budget was cut, nobody thought there would ever be another war, they told them they would get aroung to sending them when the Corps had the space and funds to get them to boot camp. In Sept 50 they sent them all to Pendleton for 3 weeks of training and from there to Korea. Most of them had never qualified with the M-1 they had a few days of firing and that was it. My brother was a big guy, they gave him a BAR. He told me he fired about 40 rounds through it at Pendleton and the next time he was shooting at the chinese. I'd say they did pretty good though, Baker was the company that went over the hills to relieve Barber at Tac Tong Pass.

My bro and I were close and my wife's uncle was the Co. Gunney for Baker, he was a guest of the japs for 2&1/2 years on corregador, we talked and drank too much a lot. I think the key for those guys was all of the leaders were WWII vets. Boot camp is important but having leaders who had done it all, survived it all and were still willing stand up and say lets go when the sh*t really hits the fan is what it's really all about.

Hey silverdollar…. I can’t remember for how long back, but I have always believed you’re never to old to learn someN new every day.

Couple days ago I learned someN new that I never knew before..
    Today I cant remember just what the hell it was tho…

As I see it …
    SOME THINGS you never forget… and SOME THINGS you just as soon forget.
    The only sure thing in life I believe you NEVER forget is, you are and will always be a Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    Not to change the subject too much

but there are Marines who didn't go to boot camp and served honorably and bravely.

My brother, the other Cpl. Simpson being one and a great many of the St. Louis Mo. reservists who served with Baker 1/7 in the Chosin Reservior in Nov. 1950. A few that were left all members of the Chosin Few came up here to see him off when we layed him to rest at Jefferson Barracks. We went to my palce and had some drinks afterwards. Most of those guys enlisted in the reserves after high school in june and july 1950. Everything in the Corps was slow then WWII was over, the Corps budget was cut, nobody thought there would ever be another war, they told them they would get aroung to sending them when the Corps had the space and funds to get them to boot camp. In Sept 50 they sent them all to Pendleton for 3 weeks of training and from there to Korea. Most of them had never qualified with the M-1 they had a few days of firing and that was it. My brother was a big guy, they gave him a BAR. He told me he fired about 40 rounds through it at Pendleton and the next time he was shooting at the chinese. I'd say they did pretty good though, Baker was the company that went over the hills to relieve Barber at Tac Tong Pass.

My bro and I were close and my wife's uncle was the Co. Gunney for Baker, he was a guest of the japs for 2&1/2 years on corregador, we talked and drank too much a lot. I think the key for those guys was all of the leaders were WWII vets. Boot camp is important but having leaders who had done it all, survived it all and were still willing stand up and say lets go when the sh*t really hits the fan is what it's really all about.
    I’m a member of the 1 st Marine Div Association and the Phoenix chapter.

We have a living Marine member here that never saw Marine boot camp.

He was discharged from the Army after WWII.

He enlisted in the Corps after N Korea invaded S Korea.
    With his background the Corps refused to send him through boot camp.
    He was assigned to a rifle company.
    Spent a couple weeks at tent camp 2 ? (cant remember) in San Diego then straight to Korea..

He is no less a Marine.

SF.

yeah he sounds like a poser. if you are a Marine there are no holes in your story, you went through so much SHT you cant forget it. its been over 25 years since i been out of the corps but i can recite this to you in my sleep. the cycle of operation of the m16 a1 rifle is, firing, unlockin, extracting, ejecting, cocking, feeding, chambering and locking..... now thats a mofo that can tell you he is a Marine.... that guy is a pooooooser!! LOL

He is full of crap.Why do so many people lie about being in are beloved Corps?!It offends us all.Same as people all being snipers,or Navy Seals.Cripes somebody had to be cooks,mechanics,etc.
    Had a guy at the V.A. hospital giving me a load of crap about being a Seal,and I finally told him to just plain shut up.It really torques me when the lying starts!
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by RonaldOverby View Post
    yeah he sounds like a poser. if you are a Marine there are no holes in your story, you went through so much SHT you cant forget it. its been over 25 years since i been out of the corps but i can recite this to you in my sleep. the cycle of operation of the m16 a1 rifle is, firing, unlockin, extracting, ejecting, cocking, feeding, chambering and locking..... now thats a mofo that can tell you he is a Marine.... that guy is a pooooooser!! LOL
    If you asked me that question I'd come off as a poser simply because I was pre-m16. I can't remember learning anything like that for the m14 or m1 either.

I can't remember my graduation day either, though it was toward the end of March 67. Go easy on some of the old guys.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    I agree what day is it, sometime i walk right into the glass door. thinking i see a gook outside. it my refection.....s/f

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    If you asked me that question I'd come off as a poser simply because I was pre-m16. I can't remember learning anything like that for the m14 or m1 either.

I can't remember my graduation day either, though it was toward the end of March 67. Go easy on some of the old guys.
    Russ, I couldnt break down any weapon from the day. I was a m-60 gunner. No telling how many rounds I fired off. Had 4 different m-60s in Nam. I would have a hard time locking a belt in it now. I had a member here on LN that I went to bootcamp with, Bob Staats, correct me one day. I got the month wrong when we graduated. Lots of Marines names I cant remember, but can still see them in my mind. Lots of Marines I only knew by nick name. Lots of shet happens in 40 years. It would be stupid to think someone could remember everything.

Thread Information