Real Marine or Fake? - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Gents!
    I met a guy, who says he was in Recon. Maybe, maybe not. He wears a pair of Golden Jump Wings on a civilian shirt. I never saw a Recon guy doing that. He (claims) was in for two years and got into Recon. Maybe he is legit and I am getting too suspicious in my old age. I told him, I was in the Corps(not Recon!) too. Now,the man now avoids me. I don't want to call him on it, but it looks fishy. I have already met some posers.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hood View Post
    Gents!
    I met a guy, who says he was in Recon. Maybe, maybe not. He wears a pair of Golden Jump Wings on a civilian shirt. I never saw a Recon guy doing that. He (claims) was in for two years and got into Recon. Maybe he is legit and I am getting too suspicious in my old age. I told him, I was in the Corps(not Recon!) too. Now,the man now avoids me. I don't want to call him on it, but it looks fishy. I have already met some posers.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric
    Yep, methinks you found one.

When you mentioned Corps to him it sounded like he freaked.

Sheeit, you don't have to 'call him out', just ask questions, he'll bust his own asz.

As an officer selection officer's assistant I encountered a young (said he was 19) man at one of the universities i frequented, had quite the gut on him, didnt dress very well and had quite a few tattoos. He told me he had been a Marine (he had an EGA tattoo on his arm too). I have no idea what his deal was, he did not look like a Marine, or carry himself like a Marine. At 19 I have a hard time believing he had truly been a Marine, especially with how overweight he was. But his EGA tattoo led me to think there may have been something, never pursued him though (over weight, tattoos that DQed him and 19 a former Marine at 19?)...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hood View Post
    Gents!
    Semper Fi,
    Eric
    Looks like another loser.

thats a real shame he needs therapy.

Try kick his ass,if he doesn't kick yours it's a fake!

Quote Originally Posted by law141 View Post
    Try kick his ass,if he doesn't kick yours it's a fake!
    Profile Bro.

Real Marine Nptwildcat

Nptwildcat screw the young wet nose puppy Jar Heads who can't believe someone is a Marine because you don't remember our graduation! It was a lousy one. The rain forced it to be held in the old movie theater with no room for our families to fit in. The 30 minutes it lasted wasn't memorable at all. I spent 11 weeks bunked right above you listening to Senior DI Ledbetter pronounce your name as if it was spelled "Busky". These grunts that doubt you should apologize! Its 30 years later and that picture is proof you haven't aged that much! I can't believe I'm on this site. I googled our graduation class and found you on here being doubted about being a Marine only to find myself coming here to defend my fellow brother of class 3082. Forget Me? I forgive you. A car accident right after boot camp ended my service. Pvt Donahue signing off for now!

Uh, Harry, this thread is like a year and a half old.

Quote Originally Posted by montana View Post
    most everyone i meet outside leatherneck that went to nam were special forses or recon or some other....tell um that must be why we lost....i was the only dam grunt over there
    As was me, just a grunt and happy with what ever crap that was thrown at me as long as did my job and survived.

I don't know the whole story, there was a poser in the Idaho Department Marine Corps League. Who is now in the slammer for, fraud, wearing unauthorized medals. He was the Commandant of one of the Detachments in my state. He was sentenced this last year.

Quote Originally Posted by tuboe View Post
    I don't know the whole story, there was a poser in the Idaho Department Marine Corps League. Who is now in the slammer for, fraud, wearing unauthorized medals. He was the Commandant of one of the Detachments in my state. He was sentenced this last year.
    This bothered me so I searched the web about it. This piece of scum from a 200 year old outhouse still in use should be tared and feathered, I'm really trying to be good but it is hard. Read for yourself: http://davidhinkson.com/Menu_News/Ca...?unthemeizer=1

Credits
    Savings

Pudding

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    LOL Boot was my indoctrination to such culinary delights as SOS, soft scrambled eggs, cold limp toast with hard butter on it cause it wouldn't melt, and grits that looked and tasted like elementary school paste with sand in it. What a great way to start the day.
    Absolutely loved the bread pudding !! My first introduction to it was in bootcamp. Hometown buffet makes it exactly like it was in boot. Love it !! My favorite dessert !

I've had SOS all of my life, My dad was a career sailor. I enjoyed the SOS in the chow hall a lot better. I found it made with chip beef quit often at MCRD, which I liked more than the hamburger. The Marine Corps was the the first time I had it with chipped beef.

I'm an old dude.

I wish you people wouldn't talk about Boot Camp Food, it makes me hungry, and nostalgic. When I meet older Veterans, and we stop to talk, the first question I ask is, What unit (meaning combat unit) were you with. It has never bothered me, whether or not that vet. had seen combat. We talk about things that happened to us. Mostly humorous things. If we decide we like and trust each other, we talk about things we would never discuss in front of civilians. I like that, because it helps to share the load, and it helps me sleep better. I no longer have a problem talking about the past, as long as the people i'm talking to, can understand the language, and the emotion that goes with it. Don't doubt the old guy, just because he can't remember. Not remembering hurts too. S/F!!! Ken

Thread Information