Holiday Mail For Heroes.... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thank you. I posted this on some other sites and are getting some great response. ( http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...ed=1#post34613 ) I am also going to try and get my daughters school involved in writing also. Thanks again, Dave

One of my volunteers has gone to her daughters (2) school and they will be making cards friday I am going to have alot ot send

Btw, if any volunteers, especially if I don't know them, does cards, I ask they are unsealed. You would be surprised at what adults write on the cards. I have thrown away many cards with totally stupid messages on them. I would hate it if one of our heroes got a message dissing them. The mail comes from my organization, I want to make sure there is only positive messages

I had my Brownie Troop make some and I will send them out.

OK, Just got back from the Dollar Store and bought over 600 cards. $2.50 per box of 28. I called my daughters school and they are going to have all the kids sign them and then I will mail them out. Who is the best organization to send to? Thanks, Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    I got this off the BVA site....

I received an e-mail today and thought I would go ahead and post it here. Was posted from one of my Marine Corps Leaque brothers:

Hi folks,

When you make out your Christmas Card List this year, we suggest you consider sending a card to the wounded Marines at Camp Lejeune. We are assured that cards will reach them at the address below:

Wounded Warrior Battalion - East
    ATTN: S-1
    Bldg H-14, Julian C Smith Road
    Camp Lejeune, NC 28542

Although some hospitals have returned greeting cards to senders because they were not addressed to an individual, we have been told that the battalion S-1 will receive cards and distribute them. Please consider adding one card to your list. It will mean a lot to one of our wounded Marines.

Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy New Year,
    Phantom, Can they handle about 600 Christmas cards from the kids showing their support? Dave

Just sent out over 600 Christmas cards to Wounded Warriors and to the Red Cross. The wife, daughter and I personally sorted through all of them and picked the ones addressed to Soldier and sent them to the Red Cross. All others went to the Wounded Warriors. If I get a smile out of one Marine or Soldier, the cost of $75.00 to purchase the cards and ship is well worth it. I couldn't belive how many children "still" have religious beliefs in God. They made me really proud. Out of over 600, I only had to throw one away. It wasn't that negative, just stupid amd meaningless. Thanks for the addresses !!! Dave

I sent 1 flat rate box to Wounded Warriors, 1 flat rate box to Holiday Mail and a flat rate envelope with 115 cards to Camp Lejuene. Most were made by children and they put 'soldier' on them but I still sent them to the Marines. To children 'soldier' includes all services. I am sure the Marines will understand since children made them. I am glad I can brighten up our wounded heroes' Christmas a little.

Quote Originally Posted by HomefrontHeroes View Post
    I sent 1 flat rate box to Wounded Warriors, 1 flat rate box to Holiday Mail and a flat rate envelope with 115 cards to Camp Lejuene. Most were made by children and they put 'soldier' on them but I still sent them to the Marines. To children 'soldier' includes all services. I am sure the Marines will understand since children made them. I am glad I can brighten up our wounded heroes' Christmas a little.
    True, but I had enough to go all around so I just sorted them out. God Bless and Thank You !!!! Dave

No thank you's are necessary, it is a labor of love, I just wish I could do more.

Credits
    Savings
    My wife droped off three cards two days ago, at the post office the
    woman behind the counter look at the address and would not charge
    my wife for any postage. She just slaped on the postage and said no charge.

Thread Information