Holiday Mail For Heroes....
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

Holiday Mail For Heroes....

The American Red Cross is sponsoring a national "Holiday Mail for Heroes" campaign to receive and distribute holiday cards to servicemembers and veterans both in the United States and abroad.

Holiday Mail for Heroes, which began Tuesday, Veterans Day, is a follow-up to the 2007 effort that resulted in the collection and distribution of more than 600,000 cards to hospitalized servicemembers. This year's program will expand its reach to not only wounded servicemembers but also veterans and their families. The goal is to collect and distribute 1 million pieces of holiday mail.

"As we enter this holiday season-a time to celebrate with family and friends-it's important to remember the thousands of men and women who serve our nation in harm's way and those who are recovering in military and veterans hospitals," said Army Col. Norvell V. Coots, commander, Walter Reed Health Care System. "The Holiday Mail for Heroes program is a wonderful outreach effort and a great way to acknowledge the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform."

Holiday cards should be mailed to:
    Holiday Mail for Heroes
    P.O. Box 5456
    Capitol Heights, MD. 20791-5456

All cards must be postmarked no later than Dec. 10. Cards should not be mailed or delivered to Walter Reed Army Medical Center.

For more information, visit www.wramc.amedd.army.mil or www.redcross.org/holidaymail for Holiday Mail for Heroes program guidelines.Walter Reed is not accepting mail addressed to "A Recovering American Soldier."

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I got this off the BVA site....

I received an e-mail today and thought I would go ahead and post it here. Was posted from one of my Marine Corps Leaque brothers:

Hi folks,

When you make out your Christmas Card List this year, we suggest you consider sending a card to the wounded Marines at Camp Lejeune. We are assured that cards will reach them at the address below:

Wounded Warrior Battalion - East
    ATTN: S-1
    Bldg H-14, Julian C Smith Road
    Camp Lejeune, NC 28542

Although some hospitals have returned greeting cards to senders because they were not addressed to an individual, we have been told that the battalion S-1 will receive cards and distribute them. Please consider adding one card to your list. It will mean a lot to one of our wounded Marines.

Merry Christmas and a Healthy, Happy New Year,

I was given a large box of homemade Christmas cards made my children last year too late to mail it overseas. I was saving them for this year. Do you think the Marines at Camp Lejeune would like them? I can send a flat rate box. Let me know.

Laura

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Yes I would send them the more the merrier!

Wonderful, I will get a box....or 2 out asap.

we also have approx 114 wounded Marines at Bethesda currently [inpatient and outpatient] that would love to here from you:

Marine Corps Liaison Office
    National Naval Medical Center
    8901 Rockville Pike
    Bethesda, MD 20889

Can we write something in them or is it just better to sign them? I love Christmas cards, they are so personal and heartfelt. Thanks for posting these addresses, I am writing my Christmas cards out already.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    There are really no guidelines that I have read. If you want to personalize one without a name go for it. Marines like that warm & fuzzy stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    There are really no guidelines that I have read. If you want to personalize one without a name go for it. Marines like that warm & fuzzy stuff!
    You got that right brother.

I would be happy to do warm and fuzzy, thanks for your help. I have them all on my list x 2.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    [FONT='Cambria','serif']XEROX[/FONT][FONT='Cambria','serif'] IS DOING SOMETHING COOL[/FONT]
    [FONT='Cambria','serif'] [/FONT]
    [FONT='Cambria','serif']If you go to this web site, [/FONT]www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq . You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.
    [FONT='Cambria','serif']How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!! It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these? Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know we are behind them.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT='Cambria','serif']This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you. Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do. We can never say enough thank you's. [/FONT]
    [FONT='Cambria','serif']Thanks for taking to time to support our military![/FONT]

OMGosh, I just counted the Christmas cards the kids made....I have 696!!! I also have 140 signed by adults, that is 836 cards to send If anyone has anymore addresses, you can PM them to me.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    XEROX IS DOING SOMETHING COOL[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
    [/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] [/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif']
    If you go to this web site, [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']www.LetsSayThanks.com[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq . You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services. [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
    This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you. Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do. We can never say enough thank you's. [/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
    Thanks for taking to time to support our military![/FONT][FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] [/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
    [/FONT]

I heard there is a hospital on Camp Pendleton, I am going to see if I can deliver some there also

Thread Information