Lat move to Crew Chief - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Meagan92, you're posting in the wrong part of the forum. This part of the forum is for Marines Only.

WMarine has a point. But since you already asked, I'll just answer it. If I'm not mistaken you can retake the ASVAB score while serving if you decide to lat move (someone correct me if I'm wrong). In the meantime, focus on boot camp and your MOS training and see if you even enjoy the Marine Corps -- it isn't for every body.

wanting to get into 6173

I just recently got out of the corps in may 2010. I was an 0331 and i'm trying to get back in and possibly change my mos to 6173 crew chief. Does anyone know if I will have a chance?

There are no guarantees, machgun03. I know a few Marines in my unit who left the Corps and want to come back in, but they aren't allowed for some reason. And we're talking about squared away Marines who left with a Top Secret clearance still intact. I recommend you talk with a recruiter instead of asking the forum.

lat move

I'd say no. They are doing away with the 46, and that leaves hueys, 53's, and the v-22. Just to many people wanting it, and until they stop doing away with the 46, it doesn't look to good. Not all wars we will fight will need the distance, and speed the 22 has. Thats all it has going for it, in my opinion. The 46 can do everything except haul over 35-37 hundred pounds. Thats where the 53 comes in. Thats the only heavy hauler the Corps has. The 22 has no guns, and the huey can only haul less than 10-11 Grunts, with a 4 man crew. The 46 can haul 21-22 plus the 4 man crew. Now there are women flying them, and a 22 squadron now has a woman CO. I was med-evaced after having 5- 46's, and it was Great. I trained on 2 of them, training as Crew Chief, and had 3 of my own. Its susposed to be to old. They should ground the 52 then. But, boeing has made 300 billion dollars from the 22 now after 30 years of blubs, and the 46 is being replaced. The problems have not been all found yet. I believe it will be grounded when they start coming out. Then they will have to go back to the 46. They are susposed to sell them to other countries, and will leave the Corps without a troop carrier. My opinion as well. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Thread Information