Vietnam War veteran proud after breaking 35 years of silence - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Tanker...even if you were under orders not to...was told to keep low profile..let it ride...

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Coming home sucked! I had to keep my anger in check, so....smoked a lot of dope, and hash, also dropped acid, till I nearly died. At the same time, I was drinking myself into blackouts. All those hippie pricks, burning their draft cards, and waving the N.V.A. flag, just made it all worse. High School friends, wouldn't talk to me, and the ladies I dated in, and after High School, wouldn't speak to me. Divorced my cheating, and lying wife, and went out to Calif. Got into many fights, went to jail, was kinda' rescued by two nurses, in San Francisco. Lived with them for nearly a year. Bought a H.D. shovelhead, and hung with "THE" bad guys in Oakland. Did some REALLY bad things, and one day.....just sold the bike, and bought a 66 V.W. bug, and took a year to travel back to Florida.....lot's of adventures, along the way! I can't write anymore, making me VERY DEPRESSED! Hell, I got wounded 6 times, in those couple of years, bullets, knives, baseball bats, chains......and CRAZY WOMEN!!.....Doc Greek

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I know what happened to all of those who protested and were hippies, they do get together and they do it on a regular basis. They have actually used a heading that is age old in this country it is called the U.S. Congress take a look and remember back there may be some familiar faces.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Bill Farmer......WELCOME HOME, BRO!!!! And I mean that!!! Seems that everytime I Post, I go on forever!! Have some really bad memories of coming home, and the sh!theads protesting!! Some other time.....don't want to be up all nite!......SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Doc for the welcome home,

The toughest time was when I came home for good, completely out of touch with family and friends. Only had one friend that I could relate to he and I joined the Corps together. I was a Combat Engineer, he was with 3rd Recon but we still could relate. I have stories and so does everyone else that served and came home. Just crazy times.
    S.F.
    Bill

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    welcome home WLFarmer...after i got home.i kept waiting to wake up back in the bush...dreamed of home and woke up there so many times in one year...the lost touch with everyone was a fact...i didnt have anyone to talk to...everyone was so involved with their own life...wash the car ...mow the lawn ect ect...made me want to grab them and shake the crap out of them...and yell dont you know your kids are being killed...its not a TV show its really happening...<------<<
    be safe

Welcome home Bill Farmer.
    SEMPER FI BROTHER......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Met a Marine at a local flea market this last year,he was also a Viet Nam vet,told him welcome back to the world.he said i had been the first to do that.Ihad to walk away because i almost started crying,it hurt that deep.I also told him about Leatherneck.com. and about our Marine brotherhood here,i hope he will join us.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Has anyone else checked our member count lately

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Montana, and ecfree for the welcome.
    The first of anyone that welcomed me home was about two years ago. I was going through the preliminaries for my third colonoscopy. The nurse that was giving the run down of all the questions asked about military history, she told me she had been a Navy Nurse during Vietnam. As I was leaving she gave me a friendly hug and told me welcome back. I left and was thinking how amazing that was and felt pretty good at that point. I don't think friends and family ever thought about a welcome home, welcoming their loved ones back. My family was fragmented and had different political views.

Just the Times.
    Thanks again
    S.F.

Two other Marines an myself came through LAX togather in 69. Bunch of idiots dumped medical waste and diapers on us. I threw away a green blouse that day. Ribbons, badges and all.

Thread Information