For those possibly going into the AAV field
Create Post

For those possibly going into the AAV field

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=46083231

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=46084209

I made these after I "recovery ops" portion of training. im currently making more. This is some of the stuff you'll do as a 2141 in training at AAS Bn. Basic Vehicle Repair Course

Last edited by yellowwing; 11-09-08 at 10:03 AM.

Man that **** is cool as **** man! To be clear, that is you all (the repair Marines) riding in/on the trackers right? CWS III qual required? Where is the course held?

My 1st Sgt's is a tracker but I have no idea his specific MOS.

Anyway, goog luck with the rest of MOS school. I'm def. thinking about lat moving into this field.

Credits
    Savings
    Judging by the photo taken at In N Out, it's in SoCal. My guess is Camp Pendleton because there's no other Marine base on the coast in that area that I know of.

Miramar is 3 miles inland. MCRD has some coast line but is way too small. Barstow and Twentynine Palms are too far from the coast.

Credits
    Savings
    Doh! It is at Camp Pendleton, I just noticed where it says Camp Pendleton under his name.

Hey pretty cool videos. Question, is this at Del Mar Beach? I've seen tracker Marines training at Del Mar when I use to live in California and thought it was awesome when they entered the surf.

Anyways, I'm thinking about this AAV reserve unit in Norfolk, Virginia since it will be close to school for me. Looks like a pretty cool job.

Thanks for the videos.

my buddy thats a reservist is going to norfolk actually haha. yes we're on del mar beach and yes we're driving. it was a good time. im working on more videos as soon as i start getting more pictures

oh snap i just remembered the ending of one video isnt family friendly, is that ok?

So, Whitey, what is it that you will do once you get to the fleet? Doesn't the Marine Corps already have a MOS for AAV driver (crewman or something like that?). Are you all driving them in school just to get familiar with them?

pretty much. the 18's dont get licensed on the recovery vehicle(r7) and if something hits the fan we obviously will have to s*** and get even if the crew cheif, driver and gunner have gone to greener pastures. i mean there could be up to 21 grunts in the back of that. and i have another video is ready http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKkoFKCRkv4

Thread Information