Martial arts belt??? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Talked to our squadron 1st Sgt few weeks ago, saw him wear a TAG brown riggers belt, and I asked very politely "1st Sgt, many times Marines corrected me for wearing a riggers belt (not the issued "riggers" belt) and told me it's unauthorized but I see many Marines, mostly higher rank, wearing them. What's the deal?"

He said technically it's OK, as long as they are in proper color and don't look like trash, and he agreed that real riggers belts are a much better alternative, but he also agreed that an issued belt should be worn for inspections.

I know it's not the order and at least one 1st Sgt's opinion...so in the end it just depends on your command and how lenient they are with certain regs.

Since then I got attached to MCAS Miramar, and I'm yet to see anyone wear anything other than an issued belt, so that's what I wear here.

Yet another piece of gear for Marines to waste their money on.
    80% of the Marines who have them don't need them.
    I have one of the hefty ones from TAG.
    They are heavy compared to the bull crap issued ones.
    The issued ones suck.

Heres a little tip for those with the issued belt:
    Buy some velcro.
    Both hook and loop sides.
    Attach the hook side velcro to the end of the belt.
    Attach the loop side of the the velcro to the place on the belt where the end meets.
    If you do it correctly none of the velcro will show and neither will the stitching.
    You don't cut the end of the belt.
    You fold it over until it is the proper length.

If it were up to me, suspenders would be authorized as well.

But what if I want to look tacticool in my air-conditioned shop with 3 Sailors in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Donut Brigade View Post
    But what if I want to look tacticool in my air-conditioned shop with 3 Sailors in charge?
    Go to jump school.

Quote Originally Posted by Accord View Post
    Uniform regs don't exist on deployment when you leave the wire, at least where I was. Garrison nazi's complaining about Marines wearing riggers belts... in Afghanistan I don't think I even bloused my boots for 5 solid months and everyone wore tan riggers belts, even our plt sgt who is a black belt instructor. I'm so happy that my chain of command only cares about war fighting and not the stupid stuff Marines in other units have to deal with.
    **** we couldn't wear our beanies because not every Marine was wearing them. We also emptied all our sandbags out because some were green and some were tan. We couldn't have our polypro tops come up from under our cammies to cover our necks, weren't supposed to wear brown under armor, you damn sure better have your boots bloused and heaven forbid you don't have ear pro, eye pro, and throat pro when you walk out of the **** house you're running patrols out of when you need to ****.

2cnd MarDiv SUCKED when it came to all their garrison bs rules.

semper

2/2 is full of heros! you guys just relieved us over here in afghanistan and I saw lots of motivated misguidance... kill!

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post

HEY.... I think that Fsgt. in the middle was one of my DI's if I'm not mistaken! Ssgt. Andrade in 1999.

I know this sounds stupid to some of you ,but what the frack are you talking about belts ?? when I went in they didn't have belts like this, so can someone show me what it is please.

It is the MCMAP (Marine Corps Martial Arts Program), belt. You take it in boot camp and have to qualify for it, "I think", and it is issued to you to be worn with your camies. Basically like the rifle marksmanship badge, but with hand to hand combat! Throughout your time in you have different opportunities to improve and move up in belts.

That's about all I know about it. They still did LINE training when I was in which was basically the same thing, but not as in depth, and they didn't give you belts for it!

who gives a **** about the pettyness of wearing a riggers belt??? Only the admin poague bia's that dont ever get out to the field or they would not be so objective and against wearing it.

I have both types and I wear one in the field and the other in Garrison. The riggers belt is a lot stronger & made of quality which is extremely beneficial in "combat" and isnt that our middle name???

Worry about our brothers & sisters coming home alive and getting the best rainning ever and not about polticial BS about the right belt.

chit the only belt I need now days , is the one to hold up my Colt 1911 IWB

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoeppster View Post
    who gives a **** about the pettyness of wearing a riggers belt??? Only the admin poague bia's that dont ever get out to the field or they would not be so objective and against wearing it.

I have both types and I wear one in the field and the other in Garrison. The riggers belt is a lot stronger & made of quality which is extremely beneficial in "combat" and isnt that our middle name???

Worry about our brothers & sisters coming home alive and getting the best rainning ever and not about polticial BS about the right belt.
    Detroit City huh? where's about you live brother?

All this talk of garrison and field crap makes me so ungrateful to be in Quantico. After four years of hatred for the field in Lejeune and wishing I never picked up the saw, my pride was completely re-established when I came to the "Crossroads of the Marine Corps" 75% of the Marines that I work with remember the field as a short painful time in mct.

I made up a quote and posted it on my desk (yeah, I'm living a non-grunts life now)...it says:

"Today is the worst day of your life...So is tommorrow. Welcome to the Infantry."

And yes, I also was told not to wear a riggers belt..by an 01 SSgt that claims he is "Combat Admin"

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!

That is freakin great, bro. I feel your pain. Out of my entire time in the Corps, the only time I spent around the flagpole was 18 months at HQMC. I was in the fleet the rest of my 12 years on active duty.

I'm gonna USE that quote by golly.

And tell 'combat admin' to pound sand.

Glad you liked the quote. Most of my bosses that came from the infantry loved it.

As far as the SSgt, he's a Black Belt instructor that is also admin.
    Former MSG also, but ZERO combat deployments...not even a skate deployment sitting in Camp Ramadi. Nothing like that...yet he still pulls the Combat Admin crap, and has quotes about war in his email at the end.

But I guess we're straying away from the topic! I'll end it at that. PM me if you wanna know anything else.

Thread Information