Question about SF.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about SF.

My main objective of course is becoming a Marine, but my question is besides Recon, what are like the Marine Corps Special Forces?

Can you tryout for the Navy Seal as a Marine? If so how?

I am just curious because I know army has like the Green Beret, Rangers, so I am wondering if the Marines have more then just Recon. Ty and I appreciate it.

Here we f-in go again. Why the hell does everyone want to know about special forces? Like half the people have the nads to even make it into the Marines more or less Recon, Force Recon, Scout Sniper or some might consider FAST Co. No offense man but search the forums before asking a question that has been asked 100,000 times before.

Quote Originally Posted by EngelDesTodes View Post
    There is something called a service to service transfer, but they are very rare.

If you go to the Marines website you can learn about the MarSOC units.

Quote Originally Posted by egbutler1 View Post
    Here we f-in go again. Why the hell does everyone want to know about special forces? Like half the people have the nads to even make it into the Marines more or less Recon, Force Recon, Scout Sniper or some might consider FAST Co. No offense man but search the forums before asking a question that has been asked 100,000 times before.
    So much for a friendly environment, I have searched the forums, nothing came up, only thing came up was mine. please link me

So much for a friendly environment, I have searched the forums, nothing came up, only thing came up was mine. please link me
    Google.

Wikipedia also works as a jumping off point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Google.

Wikipedia also works as a jumping off point.
    ty, I'll just wait until my friend gets on, I just thought thats what these communities were for, to help out answer question, just based on the fact you guys are all well informed, but I will wait for my friend, I would rather get a first hand opinion rather then some wikipedia thats been created 10 years ago, I know things change as years passes by.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well I think Wikipedia is pretty trustworthy even though some people say it ain't. I have never found false information using Wikipedia before, and I'm pretty sure that's why they check multiple sources before they even post any information up there. They don't just have all those sources at the bottom of it's page for no reason.

And Marines have this thing called Marsoc, and Wikipedia has good information about it. I did some research and Force Reconnaissance was disbanded back in 2006, and Marsoc (US Marine Corps Special Operations Command) was created in the same year to replace it and all those who were in Force Recon was transfered to Marsoc

Why dont you try getting into my Corps before you think about becoming the best of my Corps?

My main objective of course is becoming a Marine, but my question is besides Recon, what are like the Marine Corps Special Forces?

I am just curious because I know army has like the Green Beret, Rangers, so I am wondering if the Marines have more then just Recon. Ty and I appreciate it.
    LOL!

To answer your question, no, you cannot tryout for the Navy Seals as a Marine. Only people in the Navy can enter the BUDs program. Same as there are no Marine Army Rangers. Sometimes they'll let Recon Marines attend the Army Rangers school but they do not retain the title of Recon/Ranger Marine.

Worry about bootcamp and passing your MOS school after that. Then decide if you want to go Recon after you've experienced some of what the Marine Corps has to offer.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

Try doing a search on this site! Waiting for your friend to come on to give you the answer YOU WANT is UNSAT!

Looking at your profile and friends list YOU don't have any friends....so who you going to call.

The Marines that have answered or tried to answer your questions have collectively more time in the Marine Corps than you have in life. The answer isn't going to get any better....but it would behoove your attitude to change.

The friendly environment you speak of is harsh we ain't tree hugging nurse maids....if you want answers to questions first off quit asking stupid ones and use ALL the respect your body can muster.

I would have commented earlier this morning at 0530 on your disrespectful comments but after reading your question and your smart azz response to those trying to help I had to go leave a EngelDesTodes in my shiater!

I wonder, have of the poolees who asked about Recon, Scout/Sniper, FAST, etc. EVER gone on to do or even try out for any of these once they earned the title???

Quote Originally Posted by CplGonzo17 View Post
    I wonder, have of the poolees who asked about Recon, Scout/Sniper, FAST, etc. EVER gone on to do or even try out for any of these once they earned the title???
    That's a great question. I'm sure there has to be some site members that have gone on to these MOS's. However, I bet most of them were mature enough and resourceful enough to research the answers to their own questions before looking like such a wannabee.

Quote Originally Posted by CplGonzo17 View Post
    Very unlikely...For example, I thought I was going to go to MCT right after bootcamp, but I fractured my foot during the Crucible and ended up in Basic Marine Platoon in Parris Island.

Get your ass through our boot camp first,GEEEEEZZZZZ.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Special Forces is Army.

Thread Information