What exactly do you bring to MCT?
Create Post

What exactly do you bring to MCT?

I tried to put this in the "Ask a Marine" section of the forum but for some reason it says I don't have permission to post anything there, so i posted this here since there's alot of Marines here helping out .

But what do you bring to MCT? Am i going to have a locker or footlocker over at MCT?

Since we have to bring all our uniforms, do we bring them in the body bag? or do we just stuff them in our sea bag?

I heard I should bring like 2 sets of civilian clothes? How about a cell phone and/or Ipod?

Anybody just graduate from MCT or graduated recently?

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    BRING SOME HEART!

Do a search, this question was dealt with about a month ago, or less.

Hey raulg, obviously I cant answer the clothing arrangements, but my buddy went to MCT and took his iPod, PS3 and his laptop...Or should I say he bought a laptop while he was there.

Bring everything that was issued to you. Once you leave MCT, and get to MOS school, you will have locker inspections, and it all has to be there.

Id bring a few sets of cavilian clothes. You won't use them if your on the east, and im not sure about westcoast. However when you get to MOS School. You'l be glad you did. Some guys only had a tshirt and jeans to wear most of the time they where at MOS.

Id bring the phone, Ipod, and little things you want to use at MOS school, but again. You won't be using them until you get to MOS school. From experience, don't use your phone when your at MCT. I know a few kids who got NJP'ed over it, and I got lucky mine got taken away the first night, and given back to me to keep in storage. I had my laptop shipped to me at MOS, and I'd suggest having that done to. Your bags all get piled onto each other and thrown around. Not a good place for a laptop.

For your first few nights youll stuff all your things in your racks, and war lockers. Then whatever you don't take to the field with you all gets locked up in cages.

Good Luck. Have fun sitting aorund doing lots of waiting.

You can bring an ipod and cell phone, just make sure you secure that trash in your seabag when ordered to. I'm telling you, don't be the freaking one to get caught in a port-o-john calling mommy, or in your sleeping bag playing PSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgame View Post
    Good Luck. Have fun sitting aorund doing lots of waiting.
    Motivator you have yet to embark on a deployment and visit Kuwait. Hurry up and wait is what we do.

Thread Information