Overweight and need help
Create Post

Exclamation Overweight and need help

I'm overweight and need help fast believe it or not I need to lose 40 lbs. I've been working out for the past week and already meet and exceed all of the PFT requirements. I've been following the "Marine training guide" which I got from my recruiter ,I graduate January which means I have less then three months to drop down to weight......I would appreciate the help and would like any type of info that may help me wether it be nutrition,excursive advices,ect. ANYTHING !!!!

Bill Phillips, Body For Life, go to the book store

Quote Originally Posted by Hector V View Post
    I'm overweight and need help fast believe it or not I need to lose 40 lbs. I've been working out for the past week and already meet and exceed all of the PFT requirements. I've been following the "Marine training guide" which I got from my recruiter ,I graduate January which means I have less then three months to drop down to weight......I would appreciate the help and would like any type of info that may help me wether it be nutrition,excursive advices,ect. ANYTHING !!!!

Loosing 40 lbs in 3 months will be an achievable goal with few negative side effects if you start now and don't deviate from the path.

Keep a nutrition log that documents you caloric intake. Daily average should be around 1500 calories for you if you want to loose the weight.
    East five small meals a day. Breakfast-snack-lunch-snack-dinner.

No red meat. Fish and poultry only, no pork products.
    Good sources or Omega-3 acids: Avocados and nuts.

NO supplements! A daily multi-vitamin in OK.

Drink water! No soda, no energy drinks. Coffee is ok if you limit it to one cup a day. Fruit juice is ok but it must be 100% juice and does not count toward your water intake.

Water intake should be around 4 liters a day depending on your climate and how often you PT. Remember input/output, you urinate or sweat you must drink water to replace the fluids you lost.

NO tobacco use, NO drinking.

Run Forrest Run.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Loosing 40 lbs in 3 months will be an achievable goal with few negative side effects if you start now and don't deviate from the path.

Keep a nutrition log that documents you caloric intake. Daily average should be around 1500 calories for you if you want to loose the weight.
    East five small meals a day. Breakfast-snack-lunch-snack-dinner.

No red meat. Fish and poultry only, no pork products.
    Good sources or Omega-3 acids: Avocados and nuts.

NO supplements! A daily multi-vitamin in OK.

Drink water! No soda, no energy drinks. Coffee is ok if you limit it to one cup a day. Fruit juice is ok but it must be 100% juice and does not count toward your water intake.

Water intake should be around 4 liters a day depending on your climate and how often you PT. Remember input/output, you urinate or sweat you must drink water to replace the fluids you lost.

NO tobacco use, NO drinking.
    To add to that or rather take away.

No foods or limited intake of any time product made from white flour such as hamburger buns or wonder bread sandwiches. Also, no product with high fructose corn syrup. This is the crapola they use in most candy bars and sodas. If you are still using products with those two ingredients, cut them out NOW.

When knocking down those calories to 1500, which is not very many calories and you will feel weak, you will not be able to excercize as much as you should be. Probably about 1500 calories per weeks worth if your intake is 1500 per day. If you are excercizing more then that then you need to increase your calorie count a little bit more. I'd think it would be better at 1700 calories per day as intake and excercise 2000 per week or more.

Also,

Weight loss is a function of calorie deficit. A person weighing 180 pounds should be eating 2200 calories to maintain his weight. Around 3600 calories equals 1 pound. If that 180 pound person wanted to lose a pound he could cut his calories back to 1800 a day thus giving him a deficit of 400 calories per day x 7 days equals 2800 calories. Then excercise another 800 during the week, or about 2 three mile runs, and at the end of the week he would lose that one pound.

Simple math.

2 years ago I lost 25 pounds in about 3 months keeping this routine up. My calorie intake was 1700 and I excercized 1200 per week. So it is doable.

Head over to the poolee hall. Find Accord's post about losing weight. Do what it says- use his pictures as motivation. You'll get where you want to be.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    You have to get into the Mind Set. You have to be determined. If you are determined to be a Warrior it can be done. USMC does not tolerate fat bodies. If you truly want to be one of us, you got to absolutely bust your ass on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hector V's interests
    football,baseball,video games,chill with friends and family,cars,motorcycles(anything that can go fast),occasionally snow boarding,fishing,movies,partying
    Cank...video games, chillin, partying, movies and substitute these with any legal activity that stimulates muscle and metabolism. Fishing is cool

--->Dave

I started a new diet plan that includes less then 1500 calories a day and i am also following Accords PT plan witch is pretty simple .Im going to start running for 4-5 miles at a speed of six ,becouse 2-3 miles is a little to easy.

All of the men from my mothers side were in the Army and they all enjoyed it an i desided to join the Armed Forces and Chose the United States Marine Corps (Witch would give me major bragging rights.LOL) and this is pretty importent to me and EXTREMELY DETERMINED ..Thank You All for taking time out of your day to help me out!!

Under 1500 calories a day is probably too low. If you drop too much you'll end up killing your metabolism, and then you're going to have serious trouble losing any weight.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Work out till your azz falls off,,,, AND, No starches, no breads, no spagettie, no potatoes, no chips, no processed sugar, no pancakes, no booze, no pizza no Pepsi,,,, Did I say no starches? Protein, Veggies red or green, meat, more veggies. [Beans is a starch unless their green]. Am I too strict? Will my Marine buds think I'm nuts? [no nuts]? JUST MY OPINION,,,,,,Got my dumb azz Army son in law through his boot with just a little advice. If anyone else lost 50 lbs in 1 month,,, Please pipe up.
    Forget that calorie count crap, You'll run out of toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hector V View Post
    I started a new diet plan that includes less then 1500 calories a day and i am also following Accords PT plan witch is pretty simple .Im going to start running for 4-5 miles at a speed of six ,becouse 2-3 miles is a little to easy.
    Adding to the other excellent suggestions you have already received...

1) Walking burns roughly the same number of calories 'per unit distance' ...as opposed to 'per unit time'... as running. This is pure physics... it always takes the same amount of energy to move the same amount of mass a certain distance, if the same mode of movement (walking/running, as opposed to, say, rolling on wheels, like in-line skates) is used.

So if you walk 3 miles or run 3 miles, the calories burnt are almost the same.

Leave the car parked for all your daily chores, and walk as much as possible, in addition to your regular runs and workouts, and if you hold your food intake steady, you will lose a few extra pounds along the way.

2) I run 7 miles per day, but I do it in 3 laps... 3, 2 and 2 miles, with a short break in between laps. This permits me to keep to my routine year-round, and still enjoy it enough so that I don't slack off in dead of winter and the really hot time we get in July-August, here in Chicago.

This is a psychological thing, but it does help me to keep motivated, and motivation is a big deal. I also sign up for as many 5K and 10K runs as I can fit into my schedule.

3) After my daily runs, I do at least 30 minutes of calisthenics or weight training (alternate days)... this also burns a lot of calories, and in an extremely short period of time, and at the same time, it builds muscle mass.

4) Remember that as you lose weight, it is going to take an increasing amount of work... running, walking, working out, etc., to lose weight. If you lose 20 lbs, you are then moving 20 fewer lbs per mile on your runs, walks, etc., and will therefore burn fewer calories, covering the same distance.

To keep losing weight at the same rate, you will have to either increase the distance being traveled, or add weight to yourself... running with a back-pack or ankle weights, etc.

5) Last, I don't run or workout on Sunday, and I pretty much let myself eat whatever I want, and as much as I want. This goes to motivation. Total, endless, self-denial tends to set the individual up for a major training lapse. Cutting yourself a little slack once a week is psychologically a good thing.

Good Luck!

Thread Information