Women Marines in 1984 - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierce84 View Post
    God, I feel old reading this...LOL. I haven't seen that in a very long time. It certainly brings back memories. Thanks for posting...

Not to make you or Marine84 old or anything...but I wasn't even thought of yet in 1984.

It was certainly a different time. I'm sure things have changed quite a bit since then. I only had 2 duty stations then, Camp Lejeune and Okinawa (which was my absolute favorite). I thought about re-upping, maybe reserves, even now, but I still have children at home, so that would not work well. Enjoy the time while you're in, especially the friendships. I think the very best part was meeting people from every place in the country.

Females Marines have come a long way. From getting classes on make-up to getting classes on how to apply cammie paint lol.

I remember that make up class!!! It was Mary Kay make-up and everyone had just about the same color lipstick!!! LOL

Haha I wouldnt really know what to think if one of my drill instructors woke us up and said ok now when i tell you to your going to put on your makeup. or if I had ever gotten ****ed up for having lipstick on my teeth lol.

It was the funniest thing now that I think back, because you had to get the application right in order to wear it and it had to match your cap cord. Maybe it's good some things HAVE changed...LOL

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    OMG! Wasn't that some AWFUL makeup? And I HATED that reddish/orangeish lipstick! It was fun though getting to play "beauty shop" for a 1/2 day.

We didn't even see makeup until we got our graduation pictures taken. We were like kids in a freaking candy store putting that stuff on...imagine 60+ girls rushing to one mirror to put on something they don't even remember how to put on anymore. It was pandemonium. It was almost not worth putting it on but it was pretty good to feel like a girl for 5 minutes lol.

We had a Max Factor class in 86. I learned how to apply makeup VERY QUICKLY.

Thread Information