How to graduate 1st in bootcamp? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseethelight View Post
    Lord knows there's a lot of differences between the Marine Corps and the Army.........But, every sniper I met in the Army was quiet. They were the guys that half the 11B's took for admin pukes until someone cared enough to notice the tab. No bragging, no cocky stories about how 'bad-ass' they are. On top of that, I don't think I met a single one that shot 40/40 on qual.
    Is it easier to be a sniper in the army?

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Here's two guides we go by as Marines, Marine Corps Leadership Traits, and Leadership Principles.

You can display Initiative in finding a community role for yourself.

Yes, it is much easier to be a Sniper in the Army. They don't have any standards at all- if you can kill people on an X-Box you're good to go, even if you have no clue what the job actually entails.

Give their recruiter a call- just forget you ever heard the word Marine.

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    You're a level 55 NERD, 7th Dweeb!

Lol..Dude I was thinking the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratcliff View Post
    Is it easier to be a sniper in the army?
    easier than in the Marine Corps? If I had to guess, I would say it probably is.
    Army is capitalized, just Marine Corps, Navy and Air Force should be.

Is it easy to become a US Army Sniper? No. I recall hearing that the final judged stalk has the single highest fail rate of any event in the Army, to include ORS. The standards for entry aren't rough, but there aren't a ton of slots open so the more competitive you are the better. 210 APFT with no less than 70 per event on the 18-21 chart, normal color vision (which you need anyway for the required 11,18 or 19 series MOS) and an expert qualification within 6 months of reporting along with the obligatory psych eval.

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    Or a big box full of crushed styrofoam. That stuff will get everywhere while digging through the box and is clings to everything!
    HAHA! i can only think of how much this would suck.... After my thread i realizied how stupid i was... and now i cant believe people are still asking about it even with a sticky...... lmfao

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Ha, I'm lvl 55 7th prestige and hardcore is all I ever play, and sniper is only gun i use on any map .

Alright, thanks.

I wouldn't know where to start or look for community leadership. Fortunatly, confidence is not an issue with me. But I do need to get noticed.
    I'm lvl55 10th prestige, and beat the entire game on Veteran (harder than hardcore). And ill pwn you with my sniper, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four_Bravo View Post
    Yes, it is much easier to be a Sniper in the Army. They don't have any standards at all- if you can kill people on an X-Box you're good to go, even if you have no clue what the job actually entails.

Give their recruiter a call- just forget you ever heard the word Marine.
    Never said anything about going to the army. Was just a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev3ngE View Post
    I'm lvl55 10th prestige, and beat the entire game on Veteran (harder than hardcore). And ill pwn you with my sniper, lol.
    And they say I'm a nerd . On veteran, I'm stuck on one of the last missions when you're trying to take over "mission control" or whatever.

And they say I'm a nerd . On veteran, I'm stuck on one of the last missions when you're trying to take over "mission control" or whatever.[/quote]

This is getting out of hand now and wayyy to far off topic... please stop talking about COD 4 and just let this thread die down... were here to learn about boot camp not talking about some damn video game. nuff said

First of all, I'm very interested in becoming a Scout/ Sniper. I want to excel and be the best in bootcamp to imrpove my chances in getting into Scout/ Sniper school. I read in the Scout/ Sniper sticky that 0341 was best to make it into Scout/ Sniper because of the math and training you do. Is it?

Uh, what can I do to better prepare myself to become the best in bootcamp? Besides PT.
    Are you for real?

Is it easy to become a US Army Sniper? No. I recall hearing that the final judged stalk has the single highest fail rate of any event in the Army, to include ORS. The standards for entry aren't rough, but there aren't a ton of slots open so the more competitive you are the better. 210 APFT with no less than 70 per event on the 18-21 chart, normal color vision (which you need anyway for the required 11,18 or 19 series MOS) and an expert qualification within 6 months of reporting along with the obligatory psych eval.
    army,huh, we MARINES have been fixing their mistakes since 1775.

Think of it this way Sarge, without the Army, the Marines would have way too much free time on their hands.............I've seen what bored Marines can accomplish in very little time, there's no need to give them even more time.

And your story is what?

Think of it this way Sarge, without the Army, the Marines would have way too much free time on their hands.............I've seen what bored Marines can accomplish in very little time, there's no need to give them even more time.
    WHO ARE YOU?

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    WHO ARE YOU?
    Don't wait until I go to bed to answer me with some cute answer, I see you're here, I want to know - WHO ARE YOU? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Thread Information