Why Wait? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Wait?

Yes, that does make sence Cpl.

My first year in the Corps I had sort of a disdain for all the guys who shipped Sept and later. I shipped in June, 2 weeks after I graduated as did all my friends.

To be honest, the Marines I saw in June were different than the Marines I was with later in the year. Then again, the ones I hung out with that graduated in September, opposed to the ones who graduated in December, were infantry.

But I definitely noticed a difference in the Marines that shipped in June as opposed to later in the year. Thats debatable obviously but even my senior DI mentioned it. The winter months are those guys who maybe couldnt hack their first year of college, were kind of sitting on the fence about joining, etc. Not all, but some. However almost every single recruit in my platoon (picked up June 11) was under 20 and at least 3/4 of my entire company had just graduated high school. It did seem a little different.

To make it short and sweet, just because they ship later doesn't mean they're any different or not as motivated, however the summer platoons are different than winter platoons.

I didnt leave until October . 5 months after I graduated . I partied.

Lol nice Sgt. I am talking to my teachers in school and might try to graduate a semester ahead so i can go to boot earlier...

Thread Information