Hardest Part About Boot Camp
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hardest Part About Boot Camp

I'd like to see what was the hardest part of Boot Camp for you Marines. And when I say hardest part, I mean the hardest thing you have to accomplish or go threw while being there. Like the obstacle course, crucible, IT, gas chamber, rifle range, pugil sticks, forced marches, DI mind *****, etc.

Also if you would be willing to give tips about how to make it easier, or more tolerable. If there is no way, then I'll just assume that the easiest way to do it is to listen to the DI's instructions...

(I'm not concerned about being home sick, or any of that crap)

i was just about to post something like this. im always interested in things about bootcamp. i cant wait till i go through it.

haha you say that now, being home sick is the hardest part. The hardest part physically is the reaper hike, the way down and back to the parade deck is the hardest part if you can walk down a steep hill with a pack on your back stoping your momentum with every step after you climb a mountain with that pack you should be good, not to mention the 5 mile hike too the reaper.

Cool

Forced marches for me.

Or if you would prefer to stay away from the negative parts of Boot Camp, can you please post what was the funnest part?

funnest part is rifle qual week hands down

That's what I figured

Also when you say homesick is the hardest part. Do you actually mean homesick. Or do you mean you're so frustraited all you think about is being somewhere else?

Both

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I hated that night supply hike, that felt like forever.
    Mentally it was having patience during all those frustrating times..

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar08 View Post
    Also if you would be willing to give tips about how to make it easier, or more tolerable. If there is no way, then I'll just assume that the easiest way to do it is to listen to the DI's instructions...
    Be the grey man.
    Live chow to chow, day to day, Sunday to Sunday.
    Build friendships with your fellow recruits whenever you can.
    Always expect the worst possible scenario.
    Drink plenty of water.

Pete

Seperation from family was the hardest thing for me since I have always been around my family. The seperation was hard all through boot camp. As far as boot camp itself, it would probably have been the "get back course" during BWT or the various events of the Crucible, especially the night time resupply course on Friday night (the final event before the hike back the next morning). It was by the grace of God I was able to do that course that night. I was so tired it wasn't even funny, and I was wore out during the hike back, and I had started getting blisters when the hike first started. But, when we got within sight of the Parade Deck the next morning, all that pain and weariness was replaced by a feeling of exhilaration and joy because you knew you had made it. That was probably the most memorable event of my life to this point (the EGA ceremony). I tell you, there was nothing like it. All that hard work culminated into this beautiful but simple ceremony Saturday morning where you ceased being a recruit and became a Marine...
    Sorry to go on and on, but I can't help it! I will never forget that morning for the rest of my life. Praise God I made it.
    Semper Fi and God bless,
    -Pvt. Haynes

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    Be the grey man.
    Live chow to chow, day to day, Sunday to Sunday.
    Build friendships with your fellow recruits whenever you can.
    Always expect the worst possible scenario.
    Drink plenty of water.

Pete

That is the easiest way. But Marines don't always do things the easy way. Don't half ass it because you don't want it to be hard. It is supposed to be hard! What you put out you will get back. You slack off and always go to medical and you will be a ****bag recruit. You give it your all and work yourself every PT session, every class and never quit and you WILL be a steller Marine. Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with going through the motions and making it out. But sometimes its not good. I know Marines that did that and are steller Marines. I also know some who you could swear their roommate dresses them in the morning. It is all about what you put into it.

Hardest part? Not getting laid for 3 months! Really, it was receiving that gave me the most difficulty.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fubar08 View Post
    I'd like to see what was the hardest part of Boot Camp for you Marines. And when I say hardest part, I mean the hardest thing you have to accomplish or go threw while being there. Like the obstacle course, crucible, IT, gas chamber, rifle range, pugil sticks, forced marches, DI mind *****, etc.

(I'm not concerned about being home sick, or any of that crap)

Fubar08, that is the $64,000.00 question! There is no answer to that question, only experiences thet we went thru ourself. The DI's you get will be a different crew. They have thier own style!

If you come back, If you enlist, If you earn the title, then you tell us the answer to that question!

Is it just me, or are these poolees asking some pretty darn silly questions lately! Not only that, but this has been asked a dozen times before!

Use the search button!

Dave

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I missed my mommie,,,,,,,

Thread Information