Weapons of the Vietnam War - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    THOMPSON SUB MACHINE GUN,PLUS MY .45ACP.WHILE I WAS A "RTO" LOVED THEM 40.MM GERNADES ALSO!!! PLUS I GOT TOO HUMP MY OWN .45ACP.AMMO.INDIA 3 CHARLES,"PATHFINDERS"

60 rounds of 40mm was about all I could get in demo bag. I did have one of those 13 round vest at one time but you couldn't use one with a Flak Jacket. When we were down south around Da Nang and An Hoa we didn't use helmets or FJs but when we moved to the DMZ that all changed. Speaking of weapons, I witnessed the ARVN being issued brand spanking new M1 Garands and BARs. The BAR weighed more than they did! After my third PH I used the new Rem 700 with a Redfield scope. That is still a sweet rifle. I did pick up a M1A NM when I was at the LeJeune PX in May. The M14 may have been too heavy for the powers that be but I'd take it any day over that piece of crap we were issued in April of '67!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    went on stack arms...when i came back they couldnt finde my M14....got to skate a cupple more days till they found it...was called to the armery the second day they said still no 14 buttt we have a BAR if you would like to pack that....thought too cool...lets have a looksee....took me in back oppend a box pulled out a wad of oil wraped BAR unwraped it and handed it to me....i handed it back and said finde my 14...aint packing that ton of wood....but i can always say i held a BAR in nam

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    WERE DID YOU GET THE 30.06 AMMO???

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bravo Co packed a 30 cal gun in the CP for about half my tour..sooo they must of had some -06 rounds stashed somewhere..

How about the Remington 12 ga. pump shot gun. At least I think it was Remington,and know it was 12 ga pump.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool Hey Joe,where You Going W/that Gun In Ur Hand

MY BUDDY'S DAD SENT HIM A WINCHESTER MODEL 70 W/A REDFIELD SCOPE. IT WAS A 30.06 BUT NO AMMO.SO WE AQUIRRED AMMO 4 HIM ;FROM THE ARVN'S WHENEVER WE SAW THEM RUNNING IN THE OTHER DIRECTION(LOL) S/F

Quote Originally Posted by greensideout View Post
    The first helicopter door gun in nam---yes, it would sink a VC boat.

Unable to attach the photo?----Anyway, it was the M3A1 SMG.
    Here we go---

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	M3A1.jpg‎
Views:	153
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	5612  

Top Sharetts

I liked the 30cal. air cooled Machine gun in the OC's hatch of my Ontos. When I got promoted out of the OC's hatch I made sure the was one on the Mighty-Mite and one on the 3/4 ton truck our platoon had.

OOHRAH

Our CO carried his personal shotgun, a model 12 Winchester pump with solid brass shells of "OO" Buck. We had another USMC shotgun which was a Mossberg 500, a very dependable pump especially when the action was full of crap! I still have an old 500 with a C-Lect Choke that I use as a knock around shotgun. It was made in the late 40's so the bluing is getting thin but still no rust. Our Top carried a Thompson that we captured around Marble Mountain. As far as I know, that Thompson stayed with the company until the 9th Marines left RVN. In close quarter combat which most of our was, that Thompson was a superb weapon. Even when Top didn't go out, someone was borrowing it to take out!

Thread Information