Marines wearing cammies to local high school?! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Recruiters are authorized to wear cammies to schools and events like that. It is their uniform of the day and it is important to the mission of recruitment. It gets people more interested to see change up the uniform every once in awhile. When I was on RA oh so long ago my recruiter took me and another Marine and we went to the school and had push up compatitions with the students. We were all wearing cammies. We would have not been able to do that in Chucks or Blues. It is just another way of getting the Marine Corps message out.

To make a long story short folks, I would never have made a good DI. I did pull retention and recruiting duty in the USMCR, which was set up mostly by a good Marine I served with in the NAM. He was a Chief Service Officer for the VA. Let me make it simple for you folks. Anybody applying for VA benefits, he saw the DD-214's.

Kid you not. We got a lot of good former Army guys into the USMCR. Built up the Reserve unit from wig wearers and draft dodgers to one right fine unit. Had nothing to do with our former Marines. They knew the drill.

Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    i know that if you are on RA orders, then you go by the uniform the recruiters tell you to wear, i know of recruiters that i was on RA for having marines where their cammies, to local high schools or even local sporting events, if the uniform for the day is cammies then the recruiters and the marines on RA for the recruiters are authorized to wear cammies.
    militarysignatures.com

Wow, hey I just learned a lot from you all. Thanks for the knowledge. I was never on RA so I was completely unaware they could do that.

I was never on RA either but I guess it makes sense to wear them if they're pt'ing. Boots and Utes is an authorized pt uniform anyways and if they're pt'ing with the high school students, then it should be authorized.

Avenger...Marines is always capitalized.

Quote Originally Posted by CplGonzo17 View Post
    Roger that, Gunny. Like I said, maybe I'm just hating because I can't wear the uniform at all anymore. S/F
    That's not true. We're coming up on November. Prime time for that Dress Blue Alpha/Bravo. Find yourself a Vets day event and a Ball to attend.

Thread Information