Usmc Desert Marpat Combat Shirt - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by bgsuwoody View Post
    Hey Gunner, you sound like you are from 3/8 as I am regarding the timeline...Welcome aboard
    be it known that CPL Woodall/bgsuwoody doesnt have a Combat Action Ribbon like his little ribbon bar down there states

Clarify.....

Yeah whats up Gunner, why you saying Woody's a poser?

--->Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner0331 View Post
    be it known that CPL Woodall/bgsuwoody doesnt have a Combat Action Ribbon like his little ribbon bar down there states
    Thats a ****ing daring claim...Here I'll give you my writeup for it. I live in room 324 HP 165 If you want to come see it.

IED Attack on 19 Dec 2009
    Summary of Action

Each individual included on this recommendation has been screened and has not previously received the Combat Action Ribbon for Operation ENDURING FREEDOM.

On 19 January, 2009 while returning from a QRF mission and traveling down 515, locals informed India 2’s patrol that there had been IED’s emplaced in front of the patrol. Upon hearing this, the engineers dismounted from MTVR, the lead vehicle, and began V-sweeping the area. Providing security for them was SSgt McBroom, SSgt Baggett, Sgt Ortiz and Lt McMenamin. The MTVR was in trace of the Marines by 10 meters. After sweeping over 1000 meters of route 515, the MTVR rolled over a pressure plate improvised explosive device closing the circuit and igniting the IED. Upon detonation, everyone took cover and SSgt McBroom yelled at LCpl Wansley and LCpl Woodall to dismount from the MTVR in case their were secondary IEDs in the area. The engineers Cpl Lopez and Cpl McDonald were ten meters away from the blast along with the Marines providing security. Once the smoke and debris cleared SSgt McBroom checked the area for casualties and informed Lt McMenamin that all the Marines were in good condition. This information was then passed up to India Company COC, resulting in QRF from Barrows being launched with EOD. While this was happening the engineers continued to sweep the area for IEDS, with Sgt Ortiz providing security for them. The rest of the dismounts after doing their 5 meter and 25 meter checks around their vehicles began clearing the nearby compounds for trigger man or observers. Once the area was cleared by EOD, the engineers continued to sweep another 2000 meters, resulting in the finding of another IED.
    Throughout this attack, all Marines and Sailors involved conducted themselves in an honorable manner. All Marines in the patrol performed all IA drills as per SOP and maintained security in there assigned sectors of fire, this was even after being out on a QRF mission for over 12 hours.

ROSTER OF MARINES AND SAILORS

WANSLEY
    JAMES
    N
    LCPL

WAS THE DRIVER IN THE MTVR THAT WAS HIT BY THE IED.
    WOODALL
    MICHEAL
    C
    LCPL

WAS THE VEHICLE COMMANDER WHEN IT WAS HIT BY THE IED.
    MCDONALD
    MICHEAL
    H
    CPL

WHILE SWEEPING FOR IEDS, WAS WITHIN 10M OF THE BLAST AND FELT THE EFFECTS OF THE BLAST. AFTER THE BLAST CONTINUED SWEEPING THE AREA CHECKING FOR SECONDARY IEDS.
    LOPEZ
    JAIME
    A
    CPL

WHILE SWEEPING FOR IEDS, WAS WITHIN 10M OF THE BLAST AND FELT THE EFFECTS OF THE BLAST. AFTER THE BLAST CONTINUED SWEEPING THE AREA CHECKING FOR SECONDARY IEDS.
    ORTIZ
    DOUGLAS
    F
    SGT

PROVIDED SECURITY FOR THE ENGINEERS AS THEY SWEPT FOR IEDS. WAS WITHIN 10M OF THE BLAST AND FELT THE EFFECTS OF THE BLAST. AFTER THE BLAST CONTINUED TO PROVIDE SECURITY TO HELP FIND THE SECOND IED. WHILE DOING THIS MANUEVERED HIS SQUAD TO HELP WITH THE CLEARING OF COMPOUNDS VICINITY OF THE ROAD.
    BAGGETT
    MICHEAL
    D
    SSGT

PROVIDED SECURITY FOR THE ENGINEERS AS THEY SWEPT FOR IEDS. WAS WITHIN 10M OF THE BLAST AND FELT THE EFFECTS OF THE BLAST. AFTER THE BLAST CONTINUED TO PROVIDE SECURITY TO HELP FIND THE SECOND IED.

MCMENAMIN
    JAMES
    P
    2NDLT

THE PATROL LEADER AND PROVIDED SECURITY FOR THE ENGINEERS AS THEY SWEPT FOR IEDS. WAS WITHIN 10M OF THE BLAST AND FELT THE EFFECTS OF THE BLAST. AFTER THE BLAST CALLED IN THE IED ATTACK REPORT AND COORDINATED THE CLEARING OF COMPOUNDS.

And I believe that answers THAT question, once and for all.

I expect an apology forthcoming. Strike that....I will SEE an apology forthcoming.

Otherwise, there will be an extraction performed.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner0331 View Post
    Ya got something to say,say it to him yourself. What a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    Ya got something to say,say it to him yourself. What a tool.
    I agree thats a pretty outrageous thing to say to someone in an open forum

the frog shirt sucks it falls apart and goes to crap and --you will never wear it in garrison,,,, now a cool piece of gear is the british frog suit,,,,,

The allegator gets a time out for failing to follow up and unprofessional behavior.

'3043, really? Interesting. How long did you wear it before it did that?

they give the Marines two shirts,,and in afghanistan it is real nasty ,, and those that go out everyday get them all dusty and sweaty and they fall apart,,,then they come to supply and as always give them what they need....

there nice to have i gave mine back,,,,,,your a tool if you even think about wearing it in garrison,,, for whatever reason

LOL. Good to know. Thanks for that scoop. Wouldn't mind having one for my collection but I'll have to wait 'til they hit the 'surplus' market, if any survive.

Hit me up Sgt Leprechaun, I have a few left over, I think a few may be new, I may be able to get one in your size, or whatever size with a little bit of wheeling and dealing.

Cool! Done.

Thread Information