Just Got Back From Mojave Viper
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just Got Back From Mojave Viper

Hey everyone just got back this evening from Mojave Viper.Don't know really what is going on now, but its real hard to get time around here to talk but I will be trying hard. I just found out 2 weeks ago that we will be relieving 2/7 in Afghanistan instead of going to Iraq and its a pretty big kinetic change in attitude and area. I'll keep you updated, but I'll get on as much as possible soon...Gotta start the boozing...its not only the day back from CAX, but its my birthday in 2 hours.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    God Bless Secretary Gates for seeing the Light!

yeah I heard 2/7 is hurting in Afghanistan. Mojave viper eh? I just got to my unit down here and I heard that we help you guys train for deployments, I'm with 1st Tanks C Co

Edit: I'm PFC now with global war on terror ribbon, **** is all screwed.

Happy birthday brother. Keep us informed.

How long were you at Mojave Viper and what are some of the training exercises you guys do out there?

Amazing what a google search can do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmOPveWfHS0

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Happy Birthday Woodall

Do only combat MOSs go through Mojave Viper?

CAX is to train as a MAGTF, so yes non-combat types end up there. But they will be doing what they do, not playing with the grunts.

2/7 has what, 30 KIA and 100 or so WIA? For OEF that is a **** ton of casualties, maybe instead of relieving them with one battalion they should send three. **** some *****es up!

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    2/7 has what, 30 KIA and 100 or so WIA? For OEF that is a **** ton of casualties, maybe instead of relieving them with one battalion they should send three. **** some *****es up!
    That's a lot for anywhere. There have only been two units in Iraq that have lost near that amount. One was 3/5 in Fallujah during Phantom Fury and the other was 3/25 out in Hadithah...I think that reserve unit lost 16 in one day when an Amtrack was blown up and nobody could get out. The Marine Corps is sending more units into Afghanistan though and as the draw down happens in Iraq, the focus is going to shift to Afghanistan again. General Petreaus is running the show at Centcom now and he knows what he's doing so expect some big changes over the next 6 months, especially after the election.

Awesome. We're slated to come back here in 2010, but I really don't see that happening unless something absolutely unexpected happens in either country.

I have a feeling that they might pull alot of the Army Soldiers out of Iraq... but the Marines will proble end up staying. This is all in my head so dont flame me tbh i want to go when i enlist that way i can live up to my grandfathers name

Negative, the Army will stay in Iraq and do what it is, a large scale occupation force, and the Marines will go to Afghanistan and do what we do, kill bab...bodies!

Happy B-Day brother!Be safe.

Thread Information