Checking in from Ike
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Checking in from Ike

Good evening fellow Marines! Ike came and went and left us without power, water or cable. Power came back on Saturday, cable today. We are still on a boil order with water, but all is good. House is unscathed, cant say as much for the neighbors though. Cool thing is, with nothing to do we all hung out and got to know each other. I met another Marine just 3 houses away! Thanks for the prayers! If I knew how to post a picture I would show you the marina about a mile from the house! Talk about tore up!

Semper Fi

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Alright, Gunny is back! Glad you and yours are safe.

Credits
    Savings
    Welcome back Teresa.

Glad things are well.

Yep, prayers DO work!!

Credits
    Savings
    Welcome back Gunny!!! Happy to hear you came thru okay. (Ya just never know who your neighbors are, da ya?)

Glad the power is back on and you're good to go ! I didn't hear about any looting in your area.I have a relative in Houston,a police officer and he said his neighborhood grilled their meat before it went bad and had a lot of fun socializing with people you normally saw only in passing.Collectively they made the best of Ike.Welcome back!

Hey Gunny,glad your back in one piece my sister.
    We weren't worried at all,we knew a little ole storm like IKE couldn't harm you...
    Any way glad to see your okay..

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Smile Welcome Back JHL

Good to have you back Gunny. Is there anything any of us can do to help out?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bout damned time you checked in! Glad everybody OK.

Yes, glad to hear you made it through Ike! I was wondering where you have been, good to hear from you.

Credits
    Savings
    Glad to hear all is well.
    We were a little concerned about you, but very concerned about the idiot looter that might decide to enter your area of operations

Gald your ok Gunny good luck on the clean up have fun lol

Ike's winds tore thru Ohio alsoSomething you won't read in national papers or news broadcasts..mainly because we were'nt hit so hard..2.6 million people in Ohio without power..Ours was out 5 days..Took a day to find a motel that had power for my oxygen concentrator...Semper Fi mtratord

Credits
    Savings

Ike

Welcome back Gunney
    Glad to hear all the "groups" are still assembled!

I am also in Ohio and we got a little wind in comparison.
    5 days with no power
    No looting noticed.
    Hard getting chow or fuel but not a huge issue

Had to go back and read my post. No looting here, what I meant by unscathed was we didnt get a tree through the house. I have about 20-30 100+ foot pines within falling distance of my home. Neighbors to the right and left had trees come through the roof. We didnt have any problems like that. I just got home from work and am headed to the gym. When I get home tonight I will post a funny down in the political area... a phone call I made to a local radio station the day after the storm. See you all soon! SF and thanks for the welcoming back!

Thread Information