Too pretty to be a Marine! - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by W2BMARINEGIRL View Post
    I hear this all the time and it makes me laugh and smile everytime! No one is too pretty to be a Marine. But i want to know and this may sound like a really dumb question but do girls in the Marine Corp really get treated different because i hear two sides to this story!
    Morgan, let me put this as gently as I can. Read your above statement again.

Now, go check out the album of picture you loaded onto your profile. Does this look familiar?

You're 18, smoking, and holding what I'd lay odds is an alcoholic beverage. Am I right?

You put presented all this in preparation for your first introduction.. which is again listed above.

Now, let me ask you something dead serious: How would YOU have viewed someone who loaded those pictures, and then asked that question?

Chumley is right. People will treat you as you deserve to be treated. Notice that the first page full of responses were the playboys of the site popping on for a good time and a quick flirt. You didn't get one serious response... and this site is LITTERED with heavyweight advice givers.. people who have been there, done that, and can you straight talk on what it takes and how to be the best Marine you can be. But you didn't get those people. They passed you right by because you came off as something far closer to .. pardon my expression.. a bimbo.. than a serious poolee.

You want to flirt and be a kid... go to MySpace and find you some nice college to get lost in. We don't need any more floozies in the Marine Corps.. male or female. We need serious people who understand this is serious business.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrowei View Post
    Morgan, let me put this as gently as I can. Read your above statement again.

Now, go check out the album of picture you loaded onto your profile. Does this look familiar?

You're 18, smoking, and holding what I'd lay odds is an alcoholic beverage. Am I right?

You put presented all this in preparation for your first introduction.. which is again listed above.

Now, let me ask you something dead serious: How would YOU have viewed someone who loaded those pictures, and then asked that question?

Chumley is right. People will treat you as you deserve to be treated. Notice that the first page full of responses were the playboys of the site popping on for a good time and a quick flirt. You didn't get one serious response... and this site is LITTERED with heavyweight advice givers.. people who have been there, done that, and can you straight talk on what it takes and how to be the best Marine you can be. But you didn't get those people. They passed you right by because you came off as something far closer to .. pardon my expression.. a bimbo.. than a serious poolee.

You want to flirt and be a kid... go to MySpace and find you some nice college to get lost in. We don't need any more floozies in the Marine Corps.. male or female. We need serious people who understand this is serious business.
    I doubt I could have said it as well.

I work with Marines from Pvt all the way up the chain. I have had opportunity to work with women Marines. I have nothing to say about the officer side of the house as I have only worked indirectly with them. Of the many women Marines I have directly worked with I only respect one. Yes, out of at least 10 women Marines I have worked with I only respect one. that means that on average I respect 10% of the female Marine population.

Most women I have found trade on their looks and/or gender to garner favors or to be "the exception".

If you want to be a Marine your whole outlook needs to change. Nothing says you can not be a woman and be a Marine. But everything says you need to make people see you as a Marine first then a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    W2BMARINEGIRL,

While the initial topic and responses were somewhat fun, let's be straight up. If you want to argue, go find some other people to hang out with. The Lieutenant gave you a hint that there is much more to being a Marine than looks. The character you display is what matters. Looks are fleeting. If you take everything so seriously, recognize now that any back trash talk to any senior Marine is not gonna be tolerated. If you didn't like what Lt Isworei had to say, too bad. Shut up and move on, but don't friggin brush him off. Learn now. CORPS
    There was no disrespect intended at all and did not say any of that in a disrespectful manner and definatley not looking for an argument. Sorry if anyone is taking this the wrong way but all i asked for was an opinion and i have gotten a lot. I respect all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post

The Army on the other hand....ugh...its horrible.
    Ain't that the god-awful truth, but I have known a few female Soldiers that could kick some serious ass.

Credits
    Savings
    If you are squared away, pull your weight, with your looks you will have the opportunity to go far. Don't trade your looks for favors and the easy road. Honestly the better looking the woman the harder she has to work to prove her self. You can thank all the WM's ( not every WM is like this ) behind you that traded looks for work. There is a reputation that you have to overcome. It's not fair, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhd97 View Post
    If you are squared away, pull your weight, with your looks you will have the opportunity to go far. Don't trade your looks for favors and the easy road. Honestly the better looking the woman the harder she has to work to prove her self. You can thank all the WM's ( not every WM is like this ) behind you that traded looks for work. There is a reputation that you have to overcome. It's not fair, but it is what it is.
    You hit the nail on the head and that is what i have been trying to say this whole time and what other Marines that i know have been telling me.... thanks for pointing that out cause that is what i have been trying to say...

Female Marines have to work harder regardless of looks. We have to prove ourselves in everything. We don't get promoted based on our looks and we sure as hell don't get a good PFT score because of our looks. There is nothing better than actually proving you are better at something than a male Marine is. All it takes is one female Marine in a unit to be a...hussy and suddenly every female in the Marine Corps has to be the same thing. Just don't be that one. You'll get plenty of "don't be a slut" speeches at boot camp.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    We all share our burdens of hardships. You'll be no different. If the chow is light on fresh beef, everyone gets their portion of mystery meat. If The Old Man calls for a 0430 formation, you'll be there standing tall too.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrowei View Post
    Wow... Who didn't see this coming..?

First, what the hell kind of question is that? You want to be taken seriously and not like some bimbo? Act serious first. Right now, you're the latter category. Hence the attention you're getting from the "Lance Criminal" section. You won't think it's so funny after you've been a Lance Corporal for 4 years and your Pro / Cons reflect that people think you're a joke. Or worse, you get promoted and you're just a useless piece of preening crap who took the spot from someone more deserving.
    Dang Sir droppin bombs on the young miss. But you are definitely correct about the promoted for being pretty and being potentially worthless.

However w2bmarinegirl, take the above post to heart are you worth being a Marine

Lt. Isrowei....bingo.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by THAT AINT IT View Post
    Female Marines have to work harder regardless of looks. We have to prove ourselves in everything. We don't get promoted based on our looks and we sure as hell don't get a good PFT score because of our looks. There is nothing better than actually proving you are better at something than a male Marine is. All it takes is one female Marine in a unit to be a...hussy and suddenly every female in the Marine Corps has to be the same thing. Just don't be that one. You'll get plenty of "don't be a slut" speeches at boot camp.
    I'd bet the "hot" factor was a big reason HQMC directed no more official personnel file photos in skirts for female Marines.

My ex-wife was a pretty hot little ticket (if I say so myself) while she was active duty Coast Guard. She had to work very hard to get where she did and it didn't involve sex or showing off her legs. She wrote #1, Coast Guard-wide, on the Yeoman 2d Class exam and got promoted very early as a result.

The test-correctors in Washington DC never see the persons involved, so looks had no bearing. To make her accomplishment harder, she had been a striker yeoman (didn't go to the A-school, instead learned everything on-the-job after a lateral move as an E-2 from the boatswain field).

Oh, did I mention she was a refugee Cuban girl who didn't speak, read, or write a word of English until she was 10-years old?

Her work was excellent and she also behaved correctly in front of male Coasties. Even when she was with me, she insisted on zero PDA on base and in uniform. As a Marine, I understood where she was coming from.

She even earned a CG Commendation Medal with an "O" Device ("Operational," a kind of CG non-combat valor device) for life-saving. Her looks had nothing to do with her jumping in the Detroit River to save a drowning man who fell off a fishing pier into the race path of unlimited hydroplanes - during a race heat.

As an aside, I wish for her sake, she had stayed in the Coast Guard and didn't try to rush an officer's commission through Army ROTC. She was superb at being a USCG Yeoman, but just wasn't a poop-in-the-woods kind of gal. She may be my ex, but she has done a lot of stuff I still respect her for.

So, I guess my point is after all of this rambling: You can be cute as all get out and still be a top performer without using the good looks. You have to be proficient and maintain your professionalism on AND off-duty. Is it harder for a female? You betcha - but your co-workers will respect you all the more for it - not to mention respecting yourself.

Stay away from Achped - at all costs.

All ever saw was the good looking Wm's worked at JAG and HQ's while the lesser ones were Motor T and such. Just an observation. I even ran into a couple that used Skoal or Copenhagen, ewww

Quote Originally Posted by Mikewebe View Post
    All ever saw was the good looking Wm's worked at JAG and HQ's while the lesser ones were Motor T and such. Just an observation. I even ran into a couple that used Skoal or Copenhagen, ewww
    Yeah I saw somefemales Marines from CLB-1 at CAX. They were pretty cute (For being in the field from 3 1/2 weeks straight haha). Then they both put in a wad of Cope.

I pretty much just steer clear of them all together now lol.

Last edited by Brewer0311; 09-17-08 at 06:24 PM. Reason: I suck at typing

I ran into a WM at 2nd FSSG, about 5'10 160, both forearms tatted and had a dip in. I was like WTF but ok, she was some type of supply type

Quote Originally Posted by THAT AINT IT View Post
    All it takes is one female Marine in a unit to be a...hussy and suddenly every female in the Marine Corps has to be the same thing. Just don't be that one. You'll get plenty of "don't be a slut" speeches at boot camp.
    Those speeches must not work worth a damn because to be quite honest with you (and I'll catch **** for this) of all the female Marines I've met in person I've NEVER met a married one that wasn't actively ****ing one of my co-workers or a single one that wasn't actively ****ing half the barracks. And I work with a good number of FMs.

Maybe your D.I.s should just give up, because that **** ain't working.

And, W2BMARINEGIRL, whether your question was serious or not, it gives me a disgusting first impression of you. Instead of focusing on knowledge or PT you're filling up bandwidth with a thinly disguised "Am I hot?!?" post! No one (with the exception of Achped) here gives a hell what you look like. The task at hand for you should be becoming a Marine. Worry about advancement or lack of based on looks after you've actually accomplished something.

Thread Information