POOL-ees and DEPers! ATTENTION ON DECK!
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

POOL-ees and DEPers! ATTENTION ON DECK!

SOUND OFF. LOUD and CLEAR.

Who's where, doin' what and why. I want to know who's on their way to recruit training and who's got how long til they ship.

I lost track of all you flip flops when I was offline. I need ya to bring me up to date.

This'll give me a better idea of who to put in charge of keepin' the other showershoes in line here. 22devilpup87 is at the top of my list for that. ktriplett and RoboRobinson are at recruit training along with several others I was countin' on. Seeley is a busy little **** alla time, so I need someone to back up 22devilpup87. She'll get ya lined out, but she's goin' to some damn camp fer officers to be with the Naval Academy this summer...SO....

...I need some of you idjits who've been around for awhile to step up and give the FNG's a hand and offer 'em some needful advice from time to time, as well as holdin' their hands when things get "tough".

I need to know how long ya been in the system, too, Gives me and the others around here an idea of where yer at and how much ya might, maybe, think ya know. That way we know to give ya more stuff to do, and if ya don't know nuthin' we won't overwhelm ya with **** ya can't begin to understand yet.

Once again. For you new guys, the POOL-ees and DEPers who come around here and listen to us do very well in recruit training! IF you decide to listen and learn, you'll also do better in every area than yer peers when ya hit recruit training.

THAT IS ALL. Now get outta my face.

Registered User Free Member 03Infantry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Sir I have been here for about 4 months, and leave for bootcamp in 26 days

Yeah, 03, I know yer outta here pretty directly. I need people like you to bring some of the FNG's up to speed if ya can. You guys get broke in and then go to MCRD on me! It's the ****s tryin' to get the new guys broke in w/o a couple of you POOL-ees who've been around for awhile to help keep 'em lined out. They think I'm bein' mean when I tell 'em how to do it so they might learn somethin' and have a better chance of not fallin' out when they hit those yeller footprints.

03, have you got yer General Orders and that sorta thing memorized yet? If not, ya best get on it! How's yer IST doin'?

Just remember to take a couple days right before ya leave to get ahead on yer sleep. Yer gonna need it.

I've been here for a couple of months. I'm not signed up yet because I'm still a sophomore, (eventhough I'm 17) but I read Marine info ALL THE TIME. Almost all of my favorites are Marine Corps websites.

Patrick, you've got time to get yer **** together. Two years of studyin' about the Marine Corps, gettin' into good physical condition, and keepin' yer grades up at school.

There's a lot to learn and if yer dilligent you'll be so far ahead of everyone else when ya hit recruit training and then the fleet, it won't be funny. You have a helluva an opportunity here. I hope yer willin' to take advantage of it.

A good bit of what yer ever gonna need to know, or need to know about is posted on this site somewhere. You''ll convince us yer plumb serious by signin' the paperwork as soon as ya can and gettin'
    ready to take the ASVAB. There's info on this site that'll help ya to pass that with flyin' colors as well.

If yer serious and wilin' to work at it, there's a helluva lot of resources to take advantage of here, including the almost overwhelming amount of knowledge and experience of leatherneck.com's members.

It's time to step up and see what yer made of.

Go for it, kid! We want you to succeed.

Bones

Registered User Free Member JChristin's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

25 days to go! How's your run time? Pushups? Pullups? General Orders? Bones is so right - start getting a lot of sleep, especially several days before shipping out - you will need it. Those first few days at basic are high stress related - as you have never encountered, under any conditions. Sleep becomes a luxury once you arrive at MCRD. Be prepared to go NOW! Oftentimes, slots open and the call could happen anytime. That is exactly what happend to me. I was given four hours to be ready. Within one hour - I was ready. Never regretted it.

Bet your father and grandfather are beeming with pride. They sure were at the rally. You will do fantastic at basic and do yourself and the Marine Corps proud. You've got what it takes to become a Marine. Your time to prove it is approaching. Are you ready for the challenge?

semper fi,
    jchristin

Well Bones, I am far removed from being a poollee... but your post made me have to reply. I had MCRD flash backs.... hope you're not as big as my heavy was!!

Naw, E4B, I'm only 6'6", 235 lbs.

Registered User Free Member 03Infantry's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    My run is 11:30 on the 1.5 mile, 23 on the 3 mile SIR, since I leave to bootcamp soon I have been doing these really good workouts with my recruiters SIR. Yesterday we did 5 man pushups, pushups, lots of sprints, hello dollies with hands on the stomach, in the air, and behind our head. We also did scissor kicks and up downs. It felt so good afterwards. I am know up to 9 pullups and 104 crunches in two minutes. I have most everything memorized. I am looking forward too it, and am not nervous at all. I would be glad to help out with the fngs. I can't wait to go. 25 days. Thank you Marines (especially Sgt. Bones and Lance Corporal Christian) for all your help. I hope I have what it takes.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Bones,

I recently joined the DEP (Done Enough Pool) of former Marines. I am anxious to know what to expect from retirement and life outside the Corps. Can you please direct me t some books or web sites to help me prepare for retirement?? Thanks.

SF,

SIXGUNS

I leave for OCS on Saturday, I'm real excited. I've been tapering off my workouts so I'll be healed.
    I just want to thank everyone for advice that they've put up on this board. I don't really ask many questions, but the input everyone puts on the board is very helpful.
    I'm doing the two 6 week summer sessions of OCS, called PLC, so I'll be back on July 3. I'm sure the 4th of July will have a much deeper meaning when I return. Thanks again for everyones help, and I hope all the Poolees keep up the great work.

Matt

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    GatorMatt,

Please let me know if you get GySgt. Ellington as one of your DIs. She is a good friend of mine and an outstanding Marine.

SIXGUNS

Sixguns,

Do they have female DIs for male Marines now?

Just wondering? Maybe I mis-understood this?

GSO

Sixguns,
    It'll be about six weeks but I will get back to you on that sir.

Matt

SixGuns, the worst thing that'll blow yer mind is wonderin' how in hell civilians get anything done! I've posted some things on another thread to better answer yer question, though,

Thread Information