Boot Camp now easy? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Marine Free Member RememberMorriso's Avatar
    Salt Lake City, Utah Not my falt new unit till deploy
    Credits
    Savings
    There are still drops by suicide. A recruit in my company jumped off the roof in a 3rd Bn sqaud bay. Broke both legs and some other bones but lived. They kept him there for a long long time I heard.

i graduated in May 2008 and from what i remember...

we COULD Swear
    D.I's Pitted Recruits for Alot longer than 15 minutes,even during 1st phase (i got sand pitted for 30 mins straight,he waited until he had done everyone in the plt before letting me go,i was near tears lol)
    D.I's COULD touch us..for "safety" reasons only.
    MCMAP and bayonet training where still intensive and hands on,no rubber blades.

we got our 8 hours of sleep,our 3 meals a day and our mail/free time (only lost free time once) yes it was extremely hard,yes we had our share of ****bags and starting with a platoon of 86 we dwindeld to 68 Marines come graduation.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC Archer View Post
    I signed with the Army in 2003. I have 1 more year to go until I can switch to the Marine Corps.

I have been told that all military branches boot camp/basic training has been significantly reduced to lower standards. Along with a easier, less discipline, and less physical training.

In the Army we all know that ACU basic training is a joke now. 1st SGTs turn their heads as a private is failing his PT test, and continues to count.

I went through BDU basic training which was no walk in the park. I was told by many Marine friends that enlisted during the same time, that Marine boot camp was hell. I believe every word of it, and as though it seemed similar it also seemed like stress and intensity was x 2 of what I experienced.

Now I hear though, that even the Marine Corps has been enforced to empliment no stress, and no swearing regulations. Marines are born to kill, I better get the **** kicked out of me in boot camp.

Will I be dissappointed when I goto boot camp? To be honest with ya I want the **** kicked out of me mentally and physically. Can some new privates give me some fresh insight on the (new) boot camp?

Boot Camp is not getting easier, my friend! If you have never been thru it how do you guage it or compare it, well in your case the Army Basic training. So you can't compare it.

I promise you that it will be THE experience of your lifetime!

When you get back let us know how it went, ok?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by usmc0331 View Post
    no smoker brother. Our platoon was one of the last to do it. Mess and maintenence week is gone as well. Its some gay hand holding week now where nothing is basically done. Still have basic fire watch though
    What you mean "maintenance week"? You mean Fleet week's gone? Could you be more clear with the definitions? Im actually nervous asking.

Quote Originally Posted by RememberMorriso View Post
    There are still drops by suicide. A recruit in my company jumped off the roof in a 3rd Bn sqaud bay. Broke both legs and some other bones but lived. They kept him there for a long long time I heard.
    We had a runaway in '02. He took off to the treeline while we were punished in the nearby Pit- the hats never noticed. Bastard forgot it was Parris Island.

That was week 1.

Marine Free Member RememberMorriso's Avatar
    Salt Lake City, Utah Not my falt new unit till deploy
    Credits
    Savings
    Oh man I just remembered one of our **** bags. This recruit named Washington always ****ed himself. Whenever he got singled out, including the inspections he would **** himself. My senior made him wear adult diapers for several weeks, talk about embarrassing. He also was dumb, boarder line mental retardation. I don't know how this guy got into the Marine Corps, or graduated. He did run a high PFT in boot, but that was the only thing he had going. He got dropped from my platoon for failing all the quals for the rifle range.

Alright I Just graduated and hell no its not easy and are you kidding even the captains swear at us.. Its a bit easier cause of stupid mothers of america and trust me the Drill Instructors remind you of this all the time! Crucible is hard as tits but like all Marine Bootcamps before its all do-able

I like my tits firm but not hard thank you

Thread Information