The Title
Create Post

Thread: The Title

Credits
    Savings

The Title

THE TITLE

It was not just bestowed upon anyone, it was earned, deep down you had to want it to obtain it. Once obtained, it can never be taken away. From that
    point on you became a part of a brotherhood few can understand. From then
    till now, you'll walk in the shadow of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

The words Honor, Commitment and pride are still with you, for they are part of you. Fired in the furnaces of bootcamp, forged on the battlefields of life. Your membership will never expire, throughout your lifetime you will walk with Marines from all eras.

The title comes with responsibilities, it doesn't end with your honorable
    discharge. Never forget the title you now claim, was brought with blood,
    pain and death, wounds of the body and wounds of the soul. The title comes
    at a high cost, it is not maintenance free. Your honor or dishonor will reflect upon those that came before and after you.

As said in the Marines Hymn "First to fight for right and freedom and to keep our honor clean we are proud to claim the title of United States Marines"

Bruce

http://wallofhonor.bravehost.com

Attached Images Attached Images

Credits
    Savings

Marine Free Member darkgreen0311's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well said Brother.

SEMPER FI 4 LIFE!!!

Credits
    Savings
    You have a way with words.

Good to go Brother,GOD BLESS THE U.S.MARINES..

Very Good Marine

The only exception I can think of is: mollygrub murtha

SEMPER FI,

U Have touched upon a subject that is or should be very dear to each and every Marine. Unfornuately, our group as a whole , fails to enhance or inflame the thoughts that your post implies.
    I suspect that the thoughts that you posted, are held by the vast majority of us, as personal and private and therefore strike at the heart of only us. Deeply appreciate your words and thoughts that went INTO it before you posted it. That in itself is the main thing, IMO.
    Words nor deeds cannot express the depth of belief in those words you posted. It is an individual thing and is so misunderstood by those not included in our "club". For shame, they do not know what they have missed in life.

You hit the nail exactly on the head, Bruce. It is earned. You either pack it, or you don't. I can't remember the exact moment I desired to become a Marine. Seems like it was born in me. I'm 70 years of age, now, and still proud of the title. It makes you stand tall, shoulders back, chest out, hands along the seams of your trousers, heels together, feet at a 45 degree angle...as you were. For a minute there, I was a Marine again. I AM A MARINE, AND PROUD OF IT!

Semper Fi Marine. Welcome

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieHoss View Post
    You hit the nail exactly on the head, Bruce. It is earned. You either pack it, or you don't. I can't remember the exact moment I desired to become a Marine. Seems like it was born in me. I'm 70 years of age, now, and still proud of the title. It makes you stand tall, shoulders back, chest out, hands along the seams of your trousers, heels together, feet at a 45 degree angle...as you were. For a minute there, I was a Marine again. I AM A MARINE, AND PROUD OF IT!

Thread Information