Starting to realize I may have a bit of a problem - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If you honor the core values that we do you will know exactly what to do and fast.

Jim

Thanks for the advice everyone.
    I'm going to weekly PT in a few hours so I will do what I have to do then.
    I'lll report back on how it worked out.

Well I went to the recruiter's office today for the weekly PT (which didn't take place since only 5 people showed up) and my recruiter wasn't there. I guess I'll have to go back tomorrow then, I was hoping to get everything taken care of or at least get hte process started today to get this off my chest, it's bothering me.

Go talk to the SNCOIC of the Station if your recruiter isn't there.

My recruiter IS the SNCOIC of the station after my previous recruiter, as another recruiter put it, "dissapeared off the face of the earth"

Look I won't tell you not to disclose it but your career may already be finished depending on what you say and do. If you don't believe that you have a problem now why create one for yourself, not to mention that if you **** this guy off he may screw you over himself.

Why? Because not telling is showing a lack of integrity, not to mention being a crime.

Not at all but sometimes things are over diagnosed and not really a problem but a phase. If he's not on meds now and DOESN"T need meds then it would be the same as reporting a cold that you had 3 years ago, no point in it is what I'm saying, but if he gets in and then says at some point he has a disorder then he sunk his own ship, so my question would be do you have a problem or not. I lied to get back in and I won't change my story because the thing I lied about was a temporary thing that would have DQ'ed me . So why pay long term for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by NeedSomePT View Post
    Thank you for the advice, I will do that tomorrow at the weekly PT meet. Hopefully he won't try giving me a hard time. I need to be firm but at the same time I don't want to seem rude or like a whiney b1tch.

Assuming for whatever reason it doesn't get squared away between now and when I ship. What would happen if I told MEPS when I ship? Would I still be able to ship that day? Would I get disqualified?
    You're not being rude or whiney, you're making sure you don't break the law. You already screwed up by not telling them something you should have. Don't make it worse by not telling them at all and then have it possibly come back to bite you in the butt and not only screwing up your career, but quite possibly getting a court martial for fraudulent enlistment. Look up the articles on fraudulent enlistment in the UCMJ, especially the potential punishments, and see if you really want to take that chance.

You don't get punished by UCMJ for that you get discharged. And as I stated above if its minor leave it at that or go be a clerk at the GD'ing grocery store.

update.
    Just got back from my recruiter's office and was finally able to talk to him. I didn't know that all of last week he was at some training at MEPS, so I went three times to find out he wasn't there. I didn't want to bring it up with the other recruiters since he is the SNCOIC there and I didn't think it would be too appropriate to go and talk to everyone about it except him while he's gone. So today I decided to call before going to make sure he would be there, he was out but I was told he would be there in about an hour and a half so I waited a while and then went to the office.
    I talked to him about it, and to my surprise he did not make a big deal out of it at all. He just said to get any documentation I can about it and bring it to PT this weekend.
    Now I'm partly relieved. I can't wait until this is taken care of it will be a load off my chest.

You did the right thing. Good job.

Thread Information